Friday, July 27, 2007

Ok so this is not a very good quality picture, but I need to remember this little phase in Kenzie's life. She used to go to bed everynight during the school year at 6:30 without fail. Now that life has slowed down a bit. We put her to bed and she goes into crazy mode in her room. Last night I didn't put her down until about 7:30. First time I went in her room, she was no longer just wearing her tank top and jammie pants, she was also wearing a pair of socks, and 4, yes four shirts over her tanktop. Oh and before 9pm our air is still set on 80 degrees, so kinda hot. After I took all the extra clothes off of her, I tucked her in again and left. I went back in a little later because I heard noise, she was in her dark closet on a pile of clothes she so neatly pulled of the hangers. When I opened the closet she jumped about a foot. Remember in the dark it is like she is deaf and blind. During the day no big deal, but at night she can't wear her implant device, so she cannot hear, it is so sad. So when I open the closet she runs to her bed and says "go out I am sleeping, Honk Shoo, Honk Shoo...." It was pretty funny. The next time in there she is laying in her tent, which gets so hot, I put her back in bed and told her it was too hot in there, she told me, "I am so cold mommy, I want to be sweaty." So after a couple more trips like this I went in and she was sound alsleep in the tent. I took her out and put her in her bed she opens her eyes and says, "I love you mama, you want to snuggle" before I could mouth my answer back to her, she was out cold again. It is times like those you just stop and let the world keep moving while you stare in amazement at the blessings in your life. I am so blessed to have such a cute, spunky little girl, yes she has a huge attitude, and is super bossy, but she is so loving. I am extra blessed that Heavenly Father led me to a school for her where she could learn how to speak and listen. She has so much to say all the time, if she couldn't voice her thoughts, I think she would probably burst. I LOVE YOU MAKENZIE!

7 comments:

Audycamp said...

What an adorable story about Kenz. I loved the "Honk-Shoo" part. Oh.... isn't it fun being a mommy yet so much work too. I wish we could just be mommy's living closer to each other..that's all.

Kristal said...

K, as you know, I have an all attitude girl too, which I think is why it is soo much more special when they have those moments. Kam is really into "girls only", and luckily, I get to team up with her. It's soo fun. Little girls are awesome!

The Pena Family said...

Alison, I got your link from Audra's page! Your kids are adorable. I love to see what your up to! Aubrey

Angela Titensor said...

Ali! I love your webpage. Your kids are getting so big! I agree, we need to get together soon. Call me or email next time you're in Yuma! Love, Angie

Tia said...

Allison,
I miss you too, and my eyes started to water reading that little story! We had some good times together - I want more!

The Belnap's said...

Hi Alison, it's Trisha. I can't believe how big your family is getting! It's good to hear from you. I am adding you to my blog too. This whole blog thing is really quite fun...

Angela said...

That story made me wan to cry! It can be so overwhelming sometimes but in special little moments like this you realize how unbelievably blessed we are to be parents! Your daughter is an absolute doll and I'm sure you would want her no other way but spunky (: