Monday, August 13, 2007

First Week of School



So both of my kids are back in school. I am lucky because they LOVE it! Kenzie was so excited to go that at 3:30 this morning she comes into my room in her school clothes saying, "wake up mama, I am eating a hotdog and ready for school." I was like what the heck, so I took her back to bed and she chatted on forever about how she hoped there were no spiders in heaven and that she didn't think Jesus liked spiders. At the time I was too tired to appreciate the fact that she loves school so much that would actually get herself somewhat ready for school and make her own breakfast. (and no, I don't ever feed her cold hotdogs for breakfast, but it was the only thing open and reachable in the fridge.) Ok so, Skyler started 2nd grade and Kenzie is still in the preschool program at her school for the deaf. So they are not posed the greatest, and I am obviously not a photographer, but you always have to have that first day of school pictures. So summer is over, our time together is cut in half. Discussions about the mall, swimming, and the latest video games are replaced, with new friends, lunch box items, school supplies, alphabets, homework, and earlier bedtimes. Farewell late nights, hello 5am.

11 comments:

Happy Hardings said...

They are beautiful...and how much fun...i remember my first day of school so many years ago! Go MOM!!!

Audycamp said...

Good Job..you are so dedicated! They are adorable as always.

Audycamp said...

forgot to say that the hot dog thing was hilarious!

Kristal said...

That's so funny about the hot dog! These 2 are soo cute! I can't wait for you to get knocked up again to see what devey kid #3 looks like!
Oh, and I forgot to tell you, I stole that song...the "ache" song. I LOVE IT!

Angela said...

I'm jealous of your daughters gorgeous hair! Your kids have gotten even cuter as they've grown. That was cool of you to get up so early and hang out with Kenz. I'm usually grumpy that early!

Jehs said...

Alison,
I was looking at Natalie's blog and saw your name, so I clicked it and got here. I asked Henry to come and look at the pictures and he knew without hesitating who it was. (I was surprised). Your kids are so big and SO CUTE!!! Henry and Elizabeth start school tomorrow (it will be Elizabeth's first day of kindergarten!) I am so happy to read about how great your daughter is doing.

...Jana

Happy Hardings said...

Post some more pics silly girl! hope your adjusting to your new schedule! Miss ya!

Audycamp said...

yea i agree with miken..we want to see more of you guys! how's the 5am thing working out? getting back into the swing of things? love ya!

Tia said...

I love it! Hey heres my new blog address ny-stateofmind.blogspot.com

Angela said...

5am! oh my I'm going to have to stop complainig about my 6:30 mornings! Your kids are absolutely cute, it's better their not posed, we get to see they're little attitudes shining through!

Jaime S. said...

ali, i totally remember you from e.a. remember me?

www.sheltonshizz.blogspot.com