Sunday, September 23, 2007

Time Out For Women





This Saturday was a awsome experience. I went to the Desert Books Fifth Annual "Time Out For Women." It was so fun, I went with Jeremy's sister Brigette and my mother-in-law Priscilla. I met two of my best friends Shelly and Diane Nuttall there too. I saw at least 20 people there that I knew from Yuma, Buckeye, and Safford AZ, it was a great day. Jenny Froggly was the musical perfomer, along with Michael McClean who also hosted the event. Dean Hughes was there, he is the author of the "Children of the Promise" books, and many others as well. There were several more speakers, but I am drawing a blank on their names, they were great though. I really needed the "pick me up" from this event. It helped me put a few things in perspective and to also take my mind off my sweet little dog for a few hours, it was a great time. Shelly and Diane if you ever read this, thanks for everything, I love you two sooooo much, you have ALWAYS been there for me, I can't wait till next year!

8 comments:

The McEwen Family said...

How much fun that must have been!! I read my little desert book add i got about the event i wish we had one around here! I miss being so close to home and being around all my friends. You guys are all the best!! I love you all!!!

Audycamp said...

ok so i knew quite a few people that went to that this weekend. I'm goin next time. sounds great!

Angela said...

Hey! I didn't even know about it! People need to tell me these things... :) I miss our road trips! Anyway..are you coming down this weekend for our HS Reunion!?

. said...

I think half our ward went down to that "Time Out". We should all plan to go next year!

Mauzy Fam said...

I hear that those are wonderful. I've just never gotten around to going to one. Okay, I'll seriously plan on going next time! Thank for the reminder that there are things our there to help keep our sanity.

Jeff and Ang said...

I'm jealous! Looks like you had alot of fun. It's always nice to get away, especially with friends and family you don't always get to see.

Marsha said...

Hello this is Marsha Tenney! I was able to see Mom Devey at this same Time Out for Women. I loved Merrilee's talk the most (the lady in the red shirt :) ) She made me laugh so hard. I just wanted to say it was fun seeing you guys. I can literally say I haven't seen her in 20 years!!! If you are interested, you can check out our little website. www.kennypetitt.com

Kristal Mulder said...

Ok, yes, that was my sister. She's a greeter every year. Her husband was one of the men there too. I wish I could have gone. Next year FOR SURE!!!