Friday, December 28, 2007

Kenz back to her normal self!


Well it has been a long couple of days. MaKenzie did well right after the hospital, but once her Demerol wore off, she was one unhappy camper. I went into my room where she was sleeping the first night. I thought she was talking to me, but as I came in, this is what she was saying, "Oh help me Jesus, help my ear not to fall off, it feels like it will fall off and I am very afraid." I don't think it was necessarily hurting too bad at that moment, but I think she was literally visualizing her ear falling off. She had asked me if they sewed her shut and I told her that they didn't, but that they used glue. After hearing her pleading prayer, I thought about all the art projects that come home from school and how all the glued pieces are always falling off, I think she thought that since it was glued on, it was going to just fall off. It was so sad. I put her hearing aid on and had a little talk with her about it before putting her back to bed. It was so hard watching her hurt and she was coughing up blood for about 24 hours, it was rough, but the worst is over, I just took her pressure bandage off and it is looking really good. I just wanted to post one last picture of her in with her big ol' bandage on. She will appreciate it someday when she looks back at the pages of this blog. She looks like a completely different girl, her color is back, and she has been all over the place today.

8 comments:

The McEwen Family said...

I am so happy every thing turned out wonderful!! She still looks cute as a button! I hope she heals fast! We are in Yuma till tomorrow (Saturday) wish we could have seen you! Maybe next time! We had a good christmas! Hope you had a good Christmas too! Lots of love!!!!

Jeff and Ang said...

I'm glad things are getting better! How scared she must have been thinking her ear would fall off! I feel for her ): I'm glad she only has to wait a little longer to see all is well and her ear is safe (:

Mauzy Fam said...

She looks so good. Glad she's feeling better. Glad her ear isn't going to fall off - now she'll know Heavenly Father is listening to her.

Thompson Family said...

Oh that breaks my heart to think that she was so scared! I'm glad her ear stayed attached ;)

Angela said...

That little prayer was so cute and sad! I'm glad for you that it's over. Don't you hate the throwing up blood part? That freaked me out when Ben had his tonsils removed! Hugs to your squishies! (oi, I sound like Tiffany!)

Tia said...

That made my eyes water. I always cry at your posts! Im glad that things are better. She will appreciate all that your writing about!

Audycamp said...

That is SO SAD that she was visualizing her ear falling off just like other things with glue!! Glad it's all over. She is so beautiful and so tough!

Sabra said...

Why are we myspace pals but not blogging buddies?

www.lemmondrop.blogspot.com