Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet


The prophet of our church, Gordon B. Hinkley passed away last night. He would have been 98 years-old on June 23rd, 2007, Skyler's 8th birthday. When my mother-in-law called to tell us, I got teary, but then I thought of how much he loved his sweet wife and about the wonderful reunion they were having at that very moment. He was truly a man of God, he loved life, he loved to serve, he genuinely loved his fellow man. I feel so honored to have grown up with him as our prophet. I will miss hearing his wonderful talks, his witty sense of humor and those tender, smiley, blue eyes. He will hold a special place in our hearts forever.

3 comments:

Audycamp said...

How great to see the prophet's smiling face on everyone's blogs. Oh how we will miss him!

Tia said...

Hey I loved your comment on my blog, it made me want to just run right over and see you, I wish I could! I do have to say you are one tough lady, it does have to be hard to do that 5 days a week by yourself - but I do know your married to a man that does not take you for granted and tells you how wonderful you are right?

Harding Family said...

You could not have put it better. He was amazing! What a great legacy he left for us to tell our kids and examples we need to set for our families.