Thursday, February 7, 2008

MaKenzie Lost Two Teeth Today!


MaKenzie has had two Very loose teeth since her implant surgery in December, I don't know if it is coincidence or if the hospital knocked those two teeth loose with the intubation tube during her surgery. Anyways they are now under my pillow. After a million and one questions about the Tooth Fairy, she told me that the Tooth Fairy made her "nervous and afraid." I put her to bed at her usual time 6:30 pm, (I know I am lucky.) She had me come back to her room 4 different times. She would say, " Mom we need to talk a little bit more about the Tooth Fairy." Then the 2nd time I went in she asked me if she could put her tooth on the dresser because (her exact words were "The Tooth Fairy might touch my face and I think that might not be a good thing." Finally the final time I went in there she asked me to take her tooth to my room and to be sure the tooth fairy does not fly in and see her sleeping. Hopefully by her next tooth she will be more comfortable with the tooth fairy. When Skyler lost his first tooth last year, he didn't get the courage to put it under his pillow for three days, he was scared to death of a fairy lurking around his room while he slept. Is anyone elses children scared of the good ol' Tooth Fairy????? I mean if you think about it, it really does sound a little on the freaky side, am I right????

10 comments:

Thompson Family said...

I'm with you on this, it is a little creepy to think of something sneaking around your room while you sleep...

The McEwen Family said...

very cute story. I do like the story of the toothfairy, cause i like fairies because all the pics i've seen of the toothfairy look like pretty sparkly fairies !!

Harding Family said...

That's funny. i've never heard of that...are you sure Jeremy is not telling them scary stories while your gone? :)

Jeff and Ang said...

I'm pretty sure my kids aren't going to be okay with the tooth fairy thing either, they're even a little iffy with Santa (: Putting it under your pillow is pretty smart, she gets the benefits of the tooth fairy without the worry of having her in her room (: Maybe show her pictures of the pretty fairies and she won't be so scared??

Tia said...

yeah your kinda right a little freaky- thats funny. So do you remember these conversations exactly I just love reading them!

Audycamp said...

yeah if you think about it it is kinda scary. My kids have never said anything like that before though. I think Kaylea is still far away from losing teeth. I forget what age they begin. Congrats Kenz!!! Wahoo!

Audycamp said...

yeah if you think about it it is kinda scary. My kids have never said anything like that before though. I think Kaylea is still far away from losing teeth. I forget what age they begin. Congrats Kenz!!! Wahoo!

Crystal said...

How funny! A little kid I have in nursery was going on a rant one Sunday about how the Binky Monster ate his binkies because he's a good boy. Seemed happy about it though, not scared. :)

bematheson said...

Haha that is so funny, i never thought of it that way of it being scary but being a little kid, i can definitely see how it could be scary. i will have to remember that for jack in 4 years when he starts losing his teeth..:) so cute.

Audycamp said...

ali-i'm so glad jeremy came home and surprised you on Valentines!! Yay! how sweet he is.