Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!




So this morning the kids were laughing and eating candy at 2am, yep that's right two o'clock in the morning. I went out and just watched them having a great time. Kenz was talking ridiculously loud since she didn't have any of her hearing devices on and couldn't hear herself. I let them look at their goodies and then tucked them back into bed. I will always remember that special little moment, even though I was insanely tired. Here are a couple picts from this morning. I tried to get some of Jeremy and Skyler, but Dad said we were going to be late for church. We are cooking steak and shrimp for dinner and going to bed early tonight, we have been up so late all week! It has been a wonderful Easter. Oh I also took the kids to the Temple Easter Pagent on Friday, it was amazing. The kids were so good for me,I was nervous at first to take them since I was by myself and we were there a few hours early to get good seats, but they did awsome and really enjoyed it. Kenz was very unhappy about the way they were treating "Jesus." I had to keep telling her that that was just an actor trying to show us what Jesus's life had been like. It helped the kids really understand that Easter is not about the egg hunts and candy, although it is fun, the real reason is the resurection of our Savior. It was a neat experience.

12 comments:

Harding Family said...

That's awesome....what a fun memory to add to the list of thousands I'm sure!

The McEwen Family said...

Very funny your kids were up at 2am I had to laugh at that!! How cool you got to go to the Easter pageant I bet it was wonderful! I'm glad you guys had a good Easter! My kids only understand the candy and egg hunting maybe next year Jake will understand the real meaning! Happy Easter!

Jeff and Ang said...

ulnqWhat a great way to start out your easter! Sounds like it was a great day!!

Angela said...

Wow! Early risers! Lucky you. We need to get up to the pagaent one of these years - I think the 3 older kids would appreciate it. I know I loved it when we went up as youth. Remember catch phrase?! Fun times. Cute pics to - I can tell you're losing weight, good job!

Audycamp said...

ok i'm laughing cuz our lives really are parallel in so many ways..one silly one is that the easter bunny put that same pink pez candy in kaylea's basket & we were also running late for church..i had to beg to get a picture of the kids & forget getting tim in there when we're "late." Glad you guys got to see the pageant. We missed it for the first time in years this year..boo hoo. That is hilarious that your kids were up at 2! Good times, good times!

Kristal said...

You're teh best mom ever! How fun. If my kids aren't in bed by 10 I'm freaking out and getting grouchy. Keep posting things like this so I can work on being a less mean mom!!!

Nicki said...

Hi Allison and Jeremy!
I love your blog! You have such a fun and beautiful family! I miss you and love you!
Nicki Broby
nbroby@yahoo.com

Tia said...

Hey I've meant to write back to you. You know I was on this whole kick about blogs, so I just really want to tell you how great I feel every time I read yours. I don't know if it's because you share with us personal things and give us a real glimpse into your life, it's nice to see and puts people at ease. Anyway not to be too sappy but thanks and I miss you too. I can't wait till you move back to Yuma. Me you and Nat will have a big ole party when I come to visit!!

Tia said...

Im with you i tried hard to tell reinforce the meaning of easter this year! It was kinda hard with the big easter bunny that showed up at my door with a big basket of candy but i did my best!

Audycamp said...

Call Me Ali!!!!!!

KentSharon said...

Looks like you had a great Easter.

Audycamp said...

Hey Ali I saw you just left a comment on mine so i thought i'd try and catch ya. Call me on your way home from school or whenever's best) and we can talk:) I will leave my new cell on your email. Love ya:)