Monday, April 21, 2008

Our Weekend Trip to Utah

I caught Jeremy in his morning scripture study. I LOVE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a picture of me outside the Salt Lake City Temple on Saturday Morning.
Here is a picture of Jeremy posing outside the Salt Lake City Temple., what a stud!
The beautiful Salt Lake City Temple. I was so amazed at the beauty of theis temple and to know how hard the members' worked to build it, it took over 40 years. No one can look at the beauty of this place and the craftmanship of it and not know that it was inspired by God. It was a wonderful experience doing a session here and feeling the Spirit so strong. I needed that so much right now.
Jeremy and his brother Wayne
The new addition to our family while Dad is in the hospital. He is a good little dog named Kenai and as much as we enjoy him, we are excited for him to be back with mom and dad, because that means Dad is beating his cancer!
This was one of the happiest moments of the trip when my little monkeys' in the back finally fell asleep, they fought almost the entire way to and from St. George. I love them to pieces, but there were a few times I was ready to open the door, tuck and roll out of my car. They were fighting about everything, from the way one of them was looking at the other one, from the way one of them was getting crumbs in the other one's spot, to how Kenz sucked her thumb and then touched his pillow and so he freaked out and didin't want to use it anymore. The list goes on, but my blood pressure is raising just talking about how badly these two were annoying eachother and in turn driving Jeremy and me CRAZY! Road trips, gotta love em!

11 comments:

The McEwen Family said...

You guys look Gorgeous! And the temple is so beautiful my most favorite temple. Sorry you went through such agony with them fighting. That's one thing i'm not looking forward too when Madi starts talking!

Angela said...

Oh yeah. Fun times. I can't wait for our summer vacation in Idaho! Now that's a long drive. Great pictures - looking good!

Mauzy Fam said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It's great that you were able to go and see him though. Road trips are always hard.

T is for Thompson said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I love the details of your car trip. Memories!!:)

Candice said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad you got the chance to take a road trip and see him. We'll keep him in our prayers.

Audycamp said...

Love the Temple pictures. It's so pretty there right now..Brandon gets married there in a few weeks. I'm glad you guys could go there and let the weight of the world be off your shoulders for those few hours. How precious that you snatched the scripture study and kids sleeping pictures:)

bematheson said...

Hey ali, I put your names and your parents names in the temple when we went on friday. But he does look good your right. And the picture of you by the salt lake temple you look fantastic. I have already gained 16 pounds and im only four months in haha this is going to be a big one.

bematheson said...

I hope your house sells too, i bet you and Jeremy our both sick of driving back and forth every weekend. You must be worn out. I actually find out on wednesday what we are having so i definitely let you know.

Jeff and Ang said...

I'm sorry to see your dad is sick! I'll definately keep you gus in our prayers. It's great that you got to see him, I'm sure that boosted his spirits. you look so gorgeous in your picture!! The Salt Lake temple is one of the most beautiful places, it's always so great to visit, it leaves me in awe everytime I see it!

Becki said...

Alison - it has been so good to get to know you through Dad and Sharon's blog and through talking to them. I know you are such a support to them, and to me! It is so fun to get to know your mother and spend time there. You are invaluable. Thank you for everything you are doing. You and your family are so darn cute!
Becki

Tia said...

Awesome pictures of the temple and you guys look amazing! One of my cousins on my moms side got married Jenny Hansen. I miss you love seeing that pictures of Wayne. Did you know Michelle used to babysit us all the time growing up I miss there family so much. Barabara Toole and my mom were really good friends!