Thursday, May 29, 2008

Love the Lazy Summer Days!




I have been wanting to have just a nice afternoon by the pool since last summer. I have one week off between the end of the school year and the beginning of summer school, so I had lots of fun stuff planned this week. Unfortunately Kenz came down with a horrible flu and has been sick since Monday, so here it is Thursday and she is slowly getting back to herself. Since I don't want to take her out in public and spread these nice germs, we decided to relax and play in the pool today. It was lots of fun, my kids got a great laugh when I sat down in my new lawn chair and it collapsed and I hit my bum hard on the deck and then it rocked backwards and I hit my head on the pool gate, good times, good times. Kenz came over and had this "I am trying not to smile," look on her face and said I am sorry you got hurt, after I said I was OK, she laughed and said "you looked really funny mom." Anyways, the water was a little too cold for my liking, but it felt good after being in for a minute. OK I have 3 days till Kenz and I go back to school and then I have one month till I am a stay home mom again and can think about having more little munchkins, I am so excited!!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Awesome! I look forward to days at the pool myself.

I'm glad MaKenzie is feeling better now...sounds like you are the one with some healing to do now....;)

The McEwen Family said...

You are so lucky to have a pool! I'm sorry but i had to laugh about your story but are you okay? =)
I remember you always out at the pool and being so tan to bad we don't have much time for things like that now days huh!

The Dover Family said...

Funny Story, glad your ok...
So you will be at home again now MaKenzie is done with school? That is so nice. I know how hard it is to work and drive a good distance to get to work and back, and still do all the stuff you want to as a Mom and around the house. I want another little one too. E-mail me your E-mail so I can send you an invite to my blog it is set on private. Elizabeth_hutson@hotmail.com. :)

Audycamp said...

ok i'm behind on your posts! I can't believe how busy you are...and can't believe she got the flu of course on your "free" days..Bummer. Glad you had a relaxing day (other thatn your bum incident) by the pool. I will be SO excited for you when you are a free woman again. What a sacrifice you have made for your sweet girl!

miken said...

Nice move mom! That's hillarious, your kids even called you out on it!:) I'm sure they love the water as much as you do! Have you showed them your hot moves as a life guard in Fletcher's pool? Oh to the good times. Can't wait to see you guys at the end of the month!

The Dover Family said...

Hey, I just read your comments, thanks.
Yup you were looking at the right kid in the back row.
I am glad your Mom is touched by my attempts. I am sending out letters to people in the next week and trying to get the Rec Centers to let us set up a fund raiser at their Gigantic Garage Sale they do too. My Mentor, Trainer, and friend Stacey just hurt her foot but she is determined we will reach our large goals. I believe her, she has done it so many years.
When MaKenzie performs have your son hand her flowers afterwards, because it makes for a cute picture. Rather than if I had done it or John we had Porter hand them to her, it was so cute. I should have posted that picture. Oh well, maybe later.

Channon said...

I love summer too. I just got back from the pool.

you have been tagged, check out the rules at my blog
http://www.channonstorybooking.blogspot.com/