Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother


First of all happy mother's day to all of you. I have to say that I am so inspired by all of you guys. I love reading your blogs and seeing how you are teaching your children and striving to live the gospel and what great examples you are to your little ones. Now with it being Mother's Day, I can't let it go by without honoring my own mother. Sorry girls, but I have to say that my Mom, Sharon Lynn Hutson Dobbs Biddulph is the best Mother in the whole world. She is truly an amazing lady. She is such an example to me of how I want to live my life and how I should treat others. She is so kind to everyone, from family, to friends, to hospital staff, to grocery checkout people, to waiter's and waitresses, to just random people. She may not even realize it, but she always makes those around her feel good. She has always been this way. She is always making sure everyone is taken care of before worrying about herself. One of my most admired traits about my mom is her strength and perseverance. She has made it through the hardest times imaginable from miscarriage after miscarriage, a still born baby, and also a baby that died a day after birth, to the loss of my dad. She was so strong being left on her own with four kids at home at such a crucial time in their lives. She not only kept the family going but had to work and she also took care of her best friend who was dying of cancer. Her friend died exactly one year to the day after my dad died. She was blessed to find a wonderful husband a couple years later and managed keep balance in the struggling family. By struggling I mean that her children (me included) were still mourning the loss of their dad and had walls built up around them and did not make life too easy on her and my step-dad. Her and Kent served an honorable mission and helped bring others to the gospel. She has such a presence about her. She is truly an elect lady. She would give anyone the shirt off her back, only it probably wouldn't fit too many people with how little she is now. She has always been there for me, I talk to her everyday on the phone, sometimes for hours. As you all know she is staying at the LDS hospital in Utah right now with my step-dad. He has Leukemia and is literally fighting for his life. She has rarely left his side and takes such good care of him. I am so glad she is there and can help him fight this thing. She is so in love with him and he is her life. I think about her and the sorrow and pain she went through when my dad died and now I watch her in the situation they are now and I just marvel at her strength.She really is just the best. When I was growing up, I remember dating and being out with friends usually till ten during the week and midnight on the weekends, but she always came in and layed in bed with me and talked to me about my night and my feelings and just everything. She also would have to get up and work at 4am, but it never stopped her from our midnight visits. She is my biggest supporter in life and in all I do. I love her so much and I thank God everyday for the wonderful mother he sent me to. Mommy, I love you! Thanks for always being there for me.

5 comments:

Audycamp said...

Oh Ali no wonder you are so sweet..You must have gotten this trait from your angel mother. What a beautiful, strong lady! Best Wishes for Kent. Your Mom is amazing!

Angela said...

Your mom is a sweet lady, and it's great that you have such a special relationship. I feel so bad for all she's been through and is still going through! Give her a hug from me next time you see her. And (off topic) check this out: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=33429578 Don't freak - it's awesome! www.stepheniemeyer.com keeps me updated!

Tina said...

This is a really nice tribute to your mom....:)

KentSharon said...

Ali I just read your blog honoring me. What a wonderful tribute!!! You kids and grandchildren are the light of my life. Life hasn't always been easy but I have had a good life. How many people can say that they have had the best two men possible? Now that I am about to loose the second I am going to need to focus on my children and grandchildren. With 12 of you and 40 grandchildren and one more on the way. Hopefully, I can stay busy. I know that it is hard on you, too. We will have to be there for each other. Nicole is going to need our support as well. Nicole always said that she didn't want to meet her step-brothers and sisters at a funeral. I guess we waited to long to do that family reunion that she always wanted to have. Kent is resting easy right now. I hope he can hold on for a few more days until you kids can get here. Guess Randy will come for the funeral and then go back to Arizona with me for a few days. Thank you for taking care of Kenai. I know Kent will be glad to see him. Hopefully, everything will go well on the plane. I know you will be relieved when you get off the plane in Salt Lake City. See you tomorrow. Love, Mom

The McEwen Family said...

I loved what you said about your mom. I know i haven't seen you in years but You are one of the greatest people I have ever know and I can just tell the greatest mom! I know it's a little late but happy Mother's day!!!