Wednesday, July 2, 2008






Ok, so on Friday we had our nine year Pink Ladies Reunion. For those of you who don't know, I went to Eastern AZ College for a couple years while Jeremy was on his mission. Seven of us girls rented a house that just so happened to be pink. Everyone at school began just calling our house the Pink Ladies house and it stuck, then our great roomate Miken and her mom made us all jackets that we wore to the games, talent shows, and various places. It sounds goofy now, but it was so much fun being a Pink Lady in college. We had so many fun times. You have to be creative when you go to a school where more than 95% of the kids don't drink, smoke, party, or do any of those things that all the other college kids do. Anyways back to the reunion, We all met at Shabu Fondeu in Chandler and had an awsome 4 hours of visiting. It was my first fondeu experience and I loved the atmosphere and company. I wasn't that impressed with the food, but the company was amazing. I almost didn't go since I had been up all night the night before getting ready for our move to Yuma. Then I had gone to work at 6am that morning and worked and then came home and scrubbed floors and helped load up the Uhaul a little. My awsome hubby Jeremy had both kids all day and loaded the truck by himself other than a little help he had in the morning and in the late evening. I wanted to stay and help cause I was so tired and felt so guilty, but he made me go and wanted me to relax and have a fun time, so I did and am so happy about it. It was so nice catching up with my girls, they are such a strength to me in my life. I was sad that Sara and Leia were not able to come, but we had such a great time reminising and hearing where life has taken everyone. You girls are the best, I love you all!!!!!!! (Thanks Kristal for the pictures you took). Oh and some of you may wonder why there is one of me with a nasty face, that was the face I made when they brought out the meat because it was raw and I didn't realize we had to cook it at the table. Ok well I can't wait for our next reunion girls!

8 comments:

The McEwen Family said...

what a cute little group you had! I'm glad you got to go out and have a fun night!

bematheson said...

Thanks for the comments. You guys are so cute. Its fun to reunite with people. How do you like your new place in Yuma? When you going to get pregnant hopefully soon.

Mrs T said...

I do not like doing fondue, either. It seems so fun, but....it's not. I'll just leave it at that.

Audycamp said...

ok that was really a funny moment when you and kristal were like .."what>" when the meat was raw. Ali i can't tell you how good it was to see you! Sounds like that condo will be heaven as long as you have your jeremy and kiddos close by. love ya:)

Harding Family said...

Good luck moving in! THnaks for coming, it was awesome seeing you! You are one in a million. See ya next reunion!

Miche said...

What fun! I love your blog! I love all the pics of you and Jeremy and of course your cute kiddos! Hope your move went smoothly!

BJ said...

my ali dobbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been?!?!?!?!?! This is Emily's cousin Jennie? I have lost contact with you for sooooooooooooooooooo long! It is amazing who i have found blogging. I love it! What have you been up to girl?!? I can't believe i found you! Yipee! Can't wait to hear from you!!!!!!!

kristal said...

Ali, that was A LOTTA fun. I think we shoudl try and do it every spring...before it gets so hot down there. My friends that I stayed with this week in Thatacher said thatLeia is in their ward!!! So I'm sure we can get her to the next one. And we'll just plan it around a time that both miken and sarah are in Az. Good times! I love you guys!!!