Friday, July 18, 2008

Welcome Home Annie


Ok, so this post is a little past due. Jeremy fell in love with this stray dog at the humane society. I was not quite ready for the responsibility of a new dog, but with all three of my "kids" dropping hints about this dog for almost a week, I lost the battle. Jeremy wanted me to do a post on her, but I was still not ready for that. However, I am officially in love this little rascal, so I am ready to quit pouting and show you our new dog. She is a "Petite Basset Griffon Vandeen." She is seriously the sweetest dog ever. She follows us everywhere, if any of the kids start to cry, she finds them immediately and puts her head in their laps. You can't really tell from the picture what she really looks like. I will describe her to you, if you have ever seen the movie, "The Never Ending Story," she looks exactly like Falcor the flying, dog, dragon, thing. Her body is really long and kind of funny looking. So I want to say Thank you to my husband for knowing what I needed in my life before I even knew I needed her. She is a great new addition to our family. Hopefully we will be saying those words in a different way in the next year or so!

9 comments:

Audycamp said...

that's so sweet that the dog helps the kids when they are sad:)

kristal said...

Oh my gosh! Why haev I NOT been to your blog in so long! I LOVE this dog. So cute!!!! Seriously so cute! And you guys are a dog family like us, you gotta have one. I'm so scared for the day Fox dies. She's getting so old though. That's the only sucky thing is that they don't have human life spans. Sad. Congrats on the new mutt, she's a cutie!

Sabra said...

I've been itching for a new dog lately. Then I remember the work house training, and I decide against it. Can I rent one at least for our trips to the river?

Elizabeth said...

She does look like Falcore. My parents have a new dog too and it has been great for the family too. They love it.

Tina said...

You can't win a battle, when all three "kids" are on the other side, can you? That's why we have a dog. I'm glad she has won your heart too now....:)

Kimmy said...

Sounds like such a sweet dog. We had a great time with you last week. The kids have been asking if we can have you guys over again- we'll have to do a game night sometime.

Elizabeth said...

Hey, saw your post about the memory in the morg. I remember that. Salem WV and in a Morg right around Halloween time. OUr imaginations got the better of us didn't it? But I had a really spiritual expereince at Grandma's funeral despite that. I have a memory of you all at Mt Rushmore with our family. We were so little. I rode with you in your family RV? I think and I thought it was really cool there was a bathroom inside. Hey I was 6 or younger and it was in the early 80's. It was really cool in a silly way I am sure. I wish I had had cousins close by the way my kids do. I missed that and I often think how lucky they are. Maybe I am remembering wrong about Mt Rushmore, you had really short hair. I think my mom has a picture somewhere. Maybe it was just at our house in Wisconsin. I should ask her.

Harding Family said...

Not the prettiest dog on the street-but looks like a winner!:) We had a dog like that growing up and some stupid person hit it-hopefully that will not happen so your kiddos don't have to go through what we did. Miss ya!

McEnaneyFamily said...

Don't you just love dogs!