Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Beach






SO we went to the beach in Sandiego, CA on Friday, it was so much fun. The weather was perfect, the kids got along, and we had a blast! Let's see, we buried Jeremy in the sand, made sand castles, and jumped in the waves for hours. If we lived in CA, I think Skyler would turn into a surfer, he had no fear, I had to keep dragging him closer to shore, I was out there with him and it the water was up to my neck, so he was treading water, but didn't want to go closer to shore, he kept saying he wanted to be out with the bigger waves. It was so fun. MaKenzie, loved playing in the waves too, but closer to shore. She was afraid a shark would get her if she went out too far. The funniest part of the day for me was after we buried Jeremy in the sand, Skyler and I were dying to get back out in the waves, so we took off running and it was like a scene from Baywatch (minus the big boobs and lifeguard body) We were running, the wind in our hair, almost in slow motion and at the same time we both stepped into a hole in the sand and went down face first into the water, it was hilarious, at first I thought I sprained my ankle, but it felt better after about 20seconds. Even just writing about it now I can't stop laughing because I am picturing how dumb we must have looked as we went down at the same time! It was such a fun day, we got a little too much sun, but that was my fault because I didn't re-apply the sunscreen. We can't wait to take another weekend and head up there again!

7 comments:

BJ said...

looks so fun. my hubby has never been yet, he camae from family of 11 kids... lets just say they cuold never afford it. so one of these days i am going to surprise him for sure!

Angela said...

Awesome weekend! My kids LOVE DL, and going to the beach. That's too bad that Kenz couldn't ride everything she wanted to, great that you had such short waiting times though! I can SO see you guys tripping like that...priceless! :)

The McEwen Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast at the beach! Your story about you falling was yes a little funny sorry i'm laughing but i'm glad you are okay and didn't hurt yourself. Kenz's picture with her posing at the top is to cute!

Sabra said...

I love beach photos! They always turn out so great! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Mrs T said...

The beach is great- there's something fun for everyone to do!

Tina said...

Fun! Too bad you don't have a little video to post here....;)

Jeff and Ang said...

Looks like a fun vacation! I just had to say what a cutie MaKenzie is posing in the top picture!!