Thursday, August 7, 2008

Buck Teeth




So, I have been working with Kenz for the last couple weeks to help her stop sucking her thumb. We have had lots of talks about Buck Teeth and my friends and family who had to get braces because of their thumb sucking habits as kids. Well Kenz has stopped the thumb sucking during the day and only sucks it when she goes to sleep at night. I got really serious about stopping the habit when she lost her 2 front teeth. Today she came in my room and asked if I could look up buck teeth on the internet. It took me by suprise, I didn't really know she understood the concept of the internet. Anyways once she saw the images, she said "oohh yuck, I think I will only suck my thumb at night for 3 minutes now." It was funny, I don't know where the 3 minute rule came from, but the less she sucks, the better. I am proud of you Kenz!

11 comments:

Kristal said...

ahh, 3 minutes a day. I'll have to try this tactic with Kam. She's still a major thumb sucker too. Only when she has her blanket, but that blanket pops up everywhere! I kinda want her to have buck teeth, be overweight and have acne though. I'm soo scared for her to start dating!!!

The Cain family said...

oh what am I gonna do this year without her! Too funny! I love it!

Jeff and Ang said...

She would still be a major cutie even with buck teeth, but good for her for wanting to stop!!

Elizabeth said...

What a smart little girl. She gave alot of serious thought didn't she? She is so cute!

Audycamp said...

aw but it's so cute with her litle thumg in the mouth...maybe not so cute though when she's 10!

bematheson said...

That is so funny, i always wonder where kids come up with there thoughts haha.

Harding Family said...

That's funny. Looks like a blast the vacation-much needed I'm sure. Are you doing the biggest loser again? You will totally kick all of our butts-you can do it!!!

Melissa said...

She is so smart to want to look it up on the internet! Our kids are growing up in a totally different world, it's crazy. But hey, I hope it works! And if not she still makes a darling bunny! :)

BJ said...

i sucked my thumb until kindergarten. Nights was hard for me too, so my parents say. They tried this stuff called "Thumb" you paint it on your whole thumb like nail polish and it tastes nasty, so that helped me not do it also they put pieces of newspaper taped aroudn my thumbs for night so that when i put it in my mouth it tastes gross. Just a few ideas. Hopefully she can quit soon, the only was i quit was some kids made fun of me at school and i never sucked it agian after that day. So, good luck with her quitting...it is so hard.

Tia said...

Oh thats great, I tried that with brushing teeth and looked up tooth decay on the internet. It seems to work pretty well!

Tara said...

Cute, cute pictures! Funny story - love it!