Sunday, August 3, 2008

Disneyland











So since Skyler was two we have promised him we would take him to Disneyland when he turned eight. So now that he is eight we made good on our promise. It was such an awesome weekend, we went to the beach on Friday and stayed the night at a hotel about a mile and a half from Disneyland. We walked to D.L at 7:30am on Saturday and stayed until midnight. It was a long adventure filled day. Skyler said,"Mom Disneyland really is a place where dreams come true!" Some of his favorite rides were Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones,Pirates of the Caribbean, and Thunder Mountain. Kenzie loved all the rides, she is my little thrill seeker, unfortunately she couldn't ride any of the big roller coasters because with Enlarged Vestibular Aqueducts, the roller coasters will cause her to lose more of her hearing in her hearing aid ear. She was bummed about that. When Skyler and Dad went on Splash Mountain, she started crying and said, "Mom I really don't want to be deaf, it isn't fair." It made me sad, but I just have to keep encouraging her and letting her know how blessed she is to be as healthy as she is and how wonderful she is. Anyways, her favorite part of the day was the parade with all the different princesses, we were right in front and she just waved and smiled and was astounded when the princesses blew her kisses. I felt like a kid myself when I watched her. When the Chip and Dale the chipmunks came out in the parade, she jumped up and said "Hi Beavers, hi beavers, hi beavers!!!!!" I had to tell her they were chipmunks, the people around us laughed. We were really lucky too because they gave us a special card that let us use the exit to get on all the rides since Jeremy and Skyler would be going on rides that she wouldn't be able to go on because of her EVA, so the longest we waited in line was 3-5 minutes. It was incredible, I mean we went on Indiana Jones several times and the sign that showed the approx. wait in line for that one was 1 hour and 55 minutes, yikes, we know we were definitely blessed, we hit every ride in the park! All in all it was a fabulous day, oh I have to give kudos to Jeremy for going on the Tea Cup ride and spinning faster than anyone else out there. The kids loved it, I knew he would regret it when the ride ended. He staggered out and had to hang over the bushes for a few minutes, he was seriously ready to hurl. I apologized that he felt like that but told him I would take a pict of him if he did and post it on my blog, I think that helped him breath through the few minutes of severe nausea. We were all dead on our feet by midnight, but Jeremy carried Kenz on his shoulders the whole mile and a half back to the hotel. I put the picture of him carrying her on his shoulders here, Skyler and I were laughing cause I told him that "Dad had some crack on his back." I don't know if it was because we were deliriously tired or what, but we laughed about that for a while. We got back to the hotel a little after 1am. It was funny because Kenz was squealing and laughing and within 30 seconds was out cold; they are usually up by 6am and didn't wake up till after 9 this morning, yay! So our next trip to D.L will be when MaKenzie turns eight, we are already planning!

12 comments:

PEHNelson said...

I LOVE DISNEYLAND!!!! I'm glad you got to go and enjoy it without the wait!!

The Cain family said...

SOOOOO fun! Adam and I went a couple summers ago for our second anniversary and had as much fun as we did when we were eight! It looks like it was a great time. Jeremy sounds like such a good dad! I don't know if i could stomach those teacups! You guys are awesome parents! MIss you!

Ansley said...

I'm so jealous! Looks like y'all had so much fun! I can't wait to take our girls! In that first picture of Skyler on the rock, he looks so old! Like 12! How crazy is that?! lol Glad y'all had fun!

The McEwen Family said...

I'm glad you got to take the kids to disneyland and you guys had so much fun! You guys took some great pictures! Thanks for the b-day wishes and i can't wait to see you too! I'm so excited!

bematheson said...

i want to go to disneyland so bad, wades a fun hater haha jk...it looks like you guys had a great time.

Elizabeth said...

Disneyland is so much Fun. How were the lines this time of year? Don't go around Christmas or Easter. The lines are hours long. I hear the best time to go is right when school starts, they still have the summer hours yet the lines are great. So they say. What a fun way to celebrate an 8th birthday!

kristal said...

Those are awesome memories. Funny. That is sad that she said "I don't want to be deaf". How heartbreaking. I'm sure she had an amazing time. K, I've gotta go play major catch up. I need to put your link at the top of my links so I can come here more often!

Mrs T said...

Disneyland is so fun! It's especially great when you have an excuse to use the exit as your own personal entrance.

Audycamp said...

what a great promise for being 8!..those kids will never forget it. Looks like a great time!! I love Disneyland..it IS a magical place!:)

Kristal said...

Um, I also have to add that Skyler makes the sweetest faces! I hope Jaden gets out of his goofy face phase soon. Skyler is just the sweetest boy. I know you know that, but seriously, so sweet! You're a lucky mama!

Tina said...

We haven't gone to Disney for awhile now, and I have been wanting to take Riley.

Looks like you had a great time!

Tara said...

What a fabulous trip! I am proud that you followed through with your promise to go to DL - have had some vacation promises go unfulfilled - owch! We went there on our honeymoon and have been a few times since. We're headed there in Oct to go with Niels' family.

I'm sure it is hard for Kenz to miss out on some things. Sounds like you are an amazing support for her. She's lucky to have you as a mom!