Tuesday, August 19, 2008

They Survived


Well they survived; they both loved school. They brought Kenzie's FM System towards the end of the day, but having one teacher and 26 kids, they were not able to explain how to use it, so we will meet after school today to go over those details. When I went into her class yesterday to pick her up, she was holding her implant processor on with her hand because the tape wasn't holding it on anymore. By holding it on with her hand, she ended up turning the program to the quietest one, so she couldn't hear me well, on top of that, her hearing aide in the other ear wasn't working, so today I have her double taped and her spare hearing aide on. Hopefully her equipment will be working when I get there. I am glad they were both excited to go again today. Oh and they both agreed that this school is much easier then their last schools were, I am not excited about that, hopefully next week they will challenge them more, I know they have to get an idea of where the kids are academically. OK well hopefully we will get the equip. up and running today.

13 comments:

Mrs T said...

Glad they got the FM system in. Your kids are so cute! So where in Yuma are you guys living?

Angela said...

LOL! They may have survived, but Skyler doesn't look very happy about it! :) Love your song ... it reminds me of HS and singing really loud with you and Shelly. Seriously, call me - did Shelly tell you about Desert Pointe yet? Oh oh, and lets go out to a movie or something tomorrow afternoon! For Shelly!

Harding Family said...

Yeah for school! So glad they got the system working! way to stay on top of that...your such a super mom!

The Cain family said...

Hi! You guys have been on my mind and heart all week! I am glad the first couple of days went ok. Just from experience in public schools as an itinerant, I would stay on Kenz's teacher about the FM. It's not a fun job but I know how well you advocate for her. I wish I could be Kenz's itinerant down there! ANYWAY, I know Kenz will do great and she knows how to verbalize what she needs. Give her a hug for me! Much love!

KentSharon said...

Looks like the kids are looking forward to school. I will be down to see you later today. I am looking forward to spending time with you guys. See you soon. Love, Mom

KentSharon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bematheson said...

im so glad they survived. your kids are so smart is probably why its so easy to them, the schools arent used to smart kids down there.. haah just kidding. O i keep forgetting to call you too, your makeup and curling iron are here they were on jacks dresser....

Audycamp said...

hopefully the FM system is all situated and running smoothly now. That 1st week is always hard. Your kiddos are so cute. They look tired from a long day of school. I agree with miken you are super mom!

Audycamp said...

oh i forgot to tell you how much i laughed that kenzie said "woo hoo" with her eyes closed and did a thumbs up..funny girl!

Jeff and Ang said...

I'm glad they did ok! hope everything works out with Kenzie!!

The McEwen Family said...

I'm so glad they survived they look so cute did they like their first day?

Tina said...

What a pair! I hope they had a good week....:)

Elizabeth said...

I love the expressions in this picture. I always worry about if Alissa is learning enough too.