Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fishing, Yuma Style












So we decided to go fishing Saturday morning, for those of you who don't know this is one of Jeremy's favorite things to do. We got up, ate breakfast and went out to a spot Jeremy likes to fish, unfortunately there were already people there, so we went down further to another area, notice the graffiti in the pictures where the kiddos are standing, nice... Kenz was the only one who caught anything, actually she caught three little blue gills with her handy dandy Barbie fishing pole. I was joking with Jeremy and told him I would buy him one for Christmas because last time we went fishing, the barbie pole was the only pole that snagged a fish. Skyler did catch a tiny fish with his net, he was pretty excited about that since it was more developed than a minnow. It was a great time for about 20 minutes and then I was ready to leave. If you wonder why, just look at Kenzie's poor face, fishing when the temps are above 100 stink, and yes that is sweat on her face not water. Jeremy and the kids had a blast though, so that is good enough for me!

8 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Ha! Sounds like Jeremy needs a Barbie pool! I'd buy it for him if I were you. He he.... Yeah, not sure I would have enjoyed fishing in that heat, but it'll be cooling off before you know it.

Audycamp said...

what a good Mom you are..fishing in the heat. That's funny about the barbie fishing pole. I really think jeremy secretly wants one of his own.:)

BJ said...

those $7 poles from walmart are the best. I will have to scrounge around for this pic of D, for his third bday he caught 3 fish, over 15 lbs on his nemo pole. My husband has never caught anything that big!!! It was so funny! I will find pic and let you know when i post it.

The McEwen Family said...

Sounds like fun! And funny that she caught fish with her barbie fishing pool, who would have thought! I feel bad that it's so hot out for you guys!

brenda said...

Hello Devey Family!

I hope you don't mind me stopping by. I just wanted to say hello!
I can't believe how much your kids have grown! They are so cute! Wow, I don't know where all the time has gone! It seems like yesterday that you were hanging out with Michael! Stop by and visit us at:
http://www.hallornothing.blogspot.com. (I just need your email address) You can email me at bhalls1003@aol.com Thanks!

Tina said...

You are brave, fishing in the summer around here.

The funny thing is, you will do lots of nicer things for your kids, but the stinky, hot, fishing days will be some of their best memories.

The Cain family said...

OOOH, so fun! I used to have a Snoopy pole when I was little and I know I caught some pretty big fish on it. I think kid fishing techniques are where it's at though. Cast out, start to reel in slowly, stop to scratch your nose, reel in really fast, stop to sing a song, reel fish in. . .that's how I caught all those fish in Minnesota last month! :) Tell K I am so proud of her for being the best behaved in class. Can you send me your address in an email so I can send her something? Thanks!

bematheson said...

Thats so cute, but i have to agree its way too hot for that..Im a little jealous your sister had her baby, i keep counting the days..:)