Monday, September 15, 2008

Girls Weekend


Makenzie with her cousins D and R

Our newest cousin, cute baby D

grandma and Kenz(sorry mom, I know you didn't want a picture of you without makeup,but you are beautiful with or without it!

MaKenzie, Kaleb, and the C.I. Kola at the hands and Voices Expo

So this weekend was the first big convention for AZ Hands and Voices here in Phoenix. After I picked up the kids from school on Friday, I dropped Skyler off at my best friend Shelly's house and Kenz and I headed up to Phoenix. We stopped by by sister N's house and saw her four day old baby, and her 2 year old son, her girls were off camping with their dad. It was so nice holding a brand new baby, he is sure a cutie pie. It made me even more excited for the time when Jermey and I will have more kiddos. After visisting for about an hour we went and spent the night at my mom's house. It was great getting to visit with her, she is such an amazing person. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, loving mother. I pray that my kids will be as close to me when they are grown as I am to her. Anyways, Kenz and I got up early Saturday and headed over to the ASU Memorial Union Building where I spent the day learning about IEP's, FM Systems, bonding with other parents and professionals who work with hearing impaired children. Kenzie spent the day playing with lots of friends from her old school and we ate a yummy lunch together before my second half of classes. It was a great experience and I feel so blessed to have such a great support system there in Phoenix, my goal is to get a chapter of AZ Hands and Voices started right here in Yuma. We went back to mom's at 5pm and hung out and then mom and I watched a movie on Hallmark chanel and ate popcorn together. I love spending time with her. We went to church in her ward on Sunday and then headed home to our boys. They too had a fun weekend full of fishing and fun!

11 comments:

Tia said...

What a wonderful weekend. I love Hallmark movies did you cry? I always do! Also I think it's great that you want to start something down in Yuma like that. I am always for starting groups especially one with such a great purpose!

Miken Harding said...

I just can't get over how much she has grown and into such a beautiful little lady! Love the rain pictures-that's the only part of AZ I miss! Hope the diet is going good.

brenda said...

Hooray for a Girls Weekend!
I'm glad you had a great time with your daughter! I think it would be great to bring something like that to Yuma! We all need each other! It's great to have support from other parents that are going through the same circumstances! It's great to see your daughter doing so well! She looks like she is well on her way to great things in life! You have done well with her!

KentSharon said...

I finally got it figured out. Guess you can tell that from the posting of my comments. Are you keeping up with the Layne's blog? Things are getting a little rockie for them. I am so glad that you came and spent the weekend with me. I loved the pictures except for the one of me but MaKenzie makes up for the way that I looked. Talk with you later.

Tina said...

That would be really great if you could get AZ Hands and Voices going over here. I'm glad you had a great weekend!

The McEwen Family said...

sounds like you guys had so much fun! It's always great to spend time with the girls! Can't wait to see you soon!

bematheson said...

so much fun, im a little jealous i think the store is the only place ive been in the last 3 weeks lol your sister's baby is so cute hopefully ours will come soon im tired of waiting.

Audycamp said...

sounds like you had some good bonding time with your Mom..She is so beautiful without makeup!!! Congrats on your new nephew..newborn babies are so sweet. I'm glad Kenz is doing so well.

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful weekend. I am so glad you were able to have so much fun with the family. I agree, your mom is super terrific. But I think you are too, I am sure your kids will stay close to you as they grow up. I too love watching warm fuzzy movies what a perfect way to end the day.

Mrs T said...

It's so great that you do have such a strong support group so you don't have to feel alone in your struggles. I'm sure it helps a lot to talk to people who can empathize with you and totally know the struggles that you and your family face.

Tara said...

You'll have to say hi to your sister & mom. You're right - your mom is an amazing person! You'll have to tell her that she is naturally beautiful without makeup (me, not so much). Cute girls! Girls weekend sounded like a fabulous time!