Thursday, September 25, 2008

Walk Down High School Lane...

FUN FACTS FROM HIGH SCHOOL

1. Did you date someone from your school? I dated my friend Michael for a few months, but we were much better off as friends. Jeremy and I started dating when I was 16 and a half and the rest is history.

2. What kind of car did you drive? I bought Michael's step-sister Kendria's 1989 red Nissan Sentra, I loved that car!

3. Were you a party animal? Nope, well I guess it depends on the type of party. My group of friends and I had a lot of goofy, fun parties, but not any wild crazy parties.

4. Were you considered a flirt? I am sure I flirted a bit.

5. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Choir all four years and I LOVED it!

6. What was your most embarrassing moments of high school? Freshman year, when I was walking to class and my friend Nikki Broby ran up behind me to tell me that my skirt was tucked under my backpack, lesson leaned, "Don't wear short skirts!" Sophomore year my skater friend Chad was walking past me in the drama hallway and I was sitting on the floor, I reached up to grab his baggy pants and they fell down to his ankles, I felt horrible. Junior year was when I walked into a closed door as I was talking to one of the boys in my math class that was hitting on me. Senior year was when I was following our whole class towards the auditorium for an assembly and I had an armload of stuff and I missed a step down and literally went flying through the air and all of my stuff went everywhere and I hurried and jumped up and tired not to cry, but my knees we bleeding and my elbows felt like I had broken them, good times, good times.

7. Were you a nerd? I was about 50% nerd, 50% cool. Honestly though looking back, who isn't a nerd in high school. The cool kids even seem nerdy after 10 years.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? I got a varsity letter in choir and I lettered in swim team, but everyone probably does. I was the Choir president and Captain of the swim team though!

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Nope, my teachers all liked me.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? I can remember about 3/4Th's of it, but the tune is forever burned into my memory!

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mr. Pecora because he always gave me extra Algebra help, unfortunately he killed himself the year after he was my teacher. That was sad. My other favorites were Mr. McClure my chem teacher because he was just a big teddy bear and also my swim coach and I seriously just loved that man like a dad he wasn't old enough to have a kid my age, but seriously the greatest man. Last but not least was my choir teacher Jan Jackson, she was just so fun and there was literally never a dull moment in that class.

12. What was your school's full name? Cibola High School.

13. School mascot? We were the Raiders, so we had a conquistador. I know I spelled that wrong.

14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who? Honestly I don't remember much about Homecoming, I remember the parade and game, but I think our group of friends probably went out to eat and hang out somewhere else during the dance portion.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? I loved high school, but heck no, I LOVE my life right now.

16. What do you remember most about graduation? That is was stinkin hot and crowded. I remember my friend Julie R. singing a song at it. I remember thinking that I wished Jeremy was there, but he had left on his 2-year mission like the month before. I was still in a slight depression over that. I also remember having a great time at grad night after the ceremony with my friends.

17. Where did you go senior skip day? I think most seniors go to the river, I don't think I went though, not positive on that one.

18. Were you in a club? I was in the National Honors Society, Choir club, Drama Club, and I think that is it.

19. Have you gained some weight since then? Yep, but my kids were worth it, now I just got to get it back off, but I am wanting another kiddo, so I may have to wait a little while yet to get back to my h.s. weight.

20. Who was your prom date? Junior year, Jeremy, Senior year, Jeremy. How many people can say the 4 big formal dances they went to were with the man they ended up marrying! I love that I have all those picts for our kids to look back on.

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Well since it was last year, I guess not. Honestly the people I really care to see I still keep in contact with and there are lots of people I can catch up with on myspace and stuff.

22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Don't worry about Chad Williams, that was drama in my life when I turned 16, but thank goodness it didn't end the way we had hoped it would. Freshman year, don't wear the Looney Tunes outfit.
Don't ditch and walk to Frys and Payless with Maressa, her mom will think you are a bad influence, don't "go out" with Bruno freshman year, that was a strange one, wear a helmet and pads when roller blading with Michael, don't walk around the church building really fast with Maressa (you look like a couple of nerds) Last but not least pay more attention in seminary!

So there you have some of the good, the bad, and the ugly of high school. I actually really really loved it though! I am going to tag Angela Elliot, I had to use her maiden name since I am thinking of her from h.s.

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

Sounds like good times! I love that you have pictures of you and Jeremy together to show your kids. So cute.
We need to have you guys over again- you guys up for another FHE sometime?

McEnaneyFamily said...

Loved reading about your memories. Good times!

Tina said...

It was fun reading your questions and answers.

How cute that you were dating Jeremy, and that you have all those pictures...:)

Elizabeth said...

That was fun to read about your high school experiences. I loved your smile in the the picture where he is pinning you, but sorry for your embarrasement moment. I have been there too, not the pinning but the child does something that results in an accidental flashing.

brenda said...

How Fun! I remember Michael talking about a lot of the good times he had with his friends in High School! Thanks for sharing!