Monday, October 6, 2008

Haircut Disasters


OK I have to post this because I promised Skyler that one day he would look back and laugh at this situation. He actually laughed about it after school today, but yesterday when it happened, I think he thought his life was over. So basically I was giving Skyler a nice little haircut and the attachment on the clippers flipped off as I was going across the top of his head, so needless to say, he has a spot on his head where it is completely bald. Poor little boy just started crying saying he was never going to school again, he didn't care if he would have to repeat third grade, he said he didn't want to go back until he was in college. It was so hard not to laugh during this huge meltdown, but I was also trying not to cry either because he has such nice hair and I killed it. I told him we could just shave it off and no one would know, but he said then he would look like an old man. So anyways, he went to school today, he said a prayer before he got out of the car that no one would make fun of him. His friends and teachers asked what happened, but no one teased him or anything, thank goodness. I don't think I will be cutting his hair anymore at least not for a while, I don't think he will let me live this one down. Here is a little picture of his new do, It really looks WAY worse in person! OK so now it is documented and we will look back and laugh about it one day! Skyler one day when you read this, know I love you and I honestly did not mean for that to happen. You're a champ!

10 comments:

Jeff and Ang said...

I"m sure he will laugh one day (: What a trooper (: He is such a brave little boy! And don't feel too bad, I"m sure everyone had their own nightmare haircut stories!!

brenda said...

I think we all have funny stories from hair cuts! I agree, someday Skyler will look back and laugh!

I chopped Blake's hair a few years ago, right before a family picture, since it was so long and I was desperate. He also had tears, and to this day will not let me cut his hair! Everytime, he looks at the picture, he reminds me how I chopped his hair off! ( I got a little carried away:)

Thanks for sharing! Hey, the good news, it will grow back!

Kimmy said...

Worried that he would look like an old man? I love that kid.
We have had our share of haircutting disasters too. Now we have a friend cut hair.(Daniel is a little OCD with the clippers!)

Mrs T said...

Too funny! I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing had I been there!

kristal said...

That stinks! Ha!!! But yes, he will look back on it and laugh, just like we all do when we look back at crappy hair cuts. No big deal.

Sabra said...

That is so funny! Poor kid. I would have been mortified!

Devey Crew said...

Skyler you are a terrific sport I did that to your dad when he was little but I had to take him to the barber to get it fixed it was so bad. I didn't cut his hair anymore.
Grandma

The McEwen Family said...

How sad!! Alison if I lived close I could cut his hair and that would have never happened! LOL. Luckily being a barber for 9 years now nothing like that has ever happened to me! LOL! I'm sure it will grow out fast and I hope in a few weeks it will even be funny!

Tara said...

Poor dude! I'm sure he will totally laugh at it later... or use this as a guilt trip for the rest of his life :)

I had a similar experience happen when I was cutting Niels' hair when we were first married... similar that I ruined his hair... but it wasn't the clippers' fault, I just was tired and not thinking clearly - using the short attachment on the top of his head. He ended up with a 1/4" buzz cut all over. Not good. I felt so bad I cried! He must be desperate, because he still asks me to cut his hair.

Tina said...

I love that he said a prayer before he got out of the car.

It's good you are already laughing about it. You can laugh harder when it all grows back.