Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Love This Thing!!!!!!!!!



OK, so I finally figured out how to work this new piece for Kenzie's implant. It is actually an ear hook that attaches to her external processor. There is an extra port on this ear hook so I can attach a cable to it and into a portable device like an MP3 player or a Leapster. So I put it on her to see if she could hear, she is always wanting to put my head phones on, but when you are deaf, you just can't hear through them, but this attachment is kind of like headphones, because the music goes directly into her implant so even though none of us can hear what she is hearing and there is nothing stuck in her ears, she is jamming away. It is so cute, she has been shaking her little booty and dancing all afternoon. She keeps saying, "Can I keep this on forever?" I had to tell her that she would be in trouble at school if she was listening to my MP3 player all day. Anyways, I am so happy for her to have this new piece of technology to make her life even more exciting! I still am baffled that some people feel that by giving her the gift of sound, (her cochlear implant)we are ruining her life and changing the way God made her. It is so the contrary, we are allowing her to express herself for the whole world to hear and see. She loves being able to hear and talk. We are teaching her some basic sign language just for fun, but for people to tell us how wrong we are for chosing to let her hear, I just will never understand. Oh and that top picture is of her belting out some serious La La's.

12 comments:

Channon said...

What an amazing thing! God helped Dr's and Scientist create such wonderful technology. What a blessing. Such a gift.

I still want to get with you via phone and internet and get you that book I promised you!

Channon said...

What a blessing. Heavenly Father helped Dr's and Scientists create such wonderful technology as a blessing to his children.

I still want to get with you via fun and internet and get you that book I promised you.

AudyCamp said...

I agree that technology is definitely a gift from Heavenly Father! What a blessing for your Kenzie! She's so cute and you can see that she's enjoying that music!:) Now What are people saying to you?? They need to mind their own business if they are telling you what to do with your daughter.

Harding Family said...

Yeah for technology! I'm so happy for all of you. You all deserve the best!

brenda said...

I agree with the above comments.
We're all enjoying the blessings of technology, even the people that are suggesting you should not use the implants! I can't imagine anyone feeling that way!
How can they judge so harshly?
I feel we are blessed with the instincts from our Heavenly Father of how to take care of our children, especially when there are special needs involved!
You are allowing your daughter to have the blessings that we all enjoy each day. How sweet! You are a wonderful Mother!

Tia said...

im with audra, I think it's so completely wonderful and it would drive me crazy to have people tell me other wise. Aren't we so protective of our children- and for good reason!!

Sabra said...

Who could actually deprive their child of the gift of sound by choice? Interesting...Idiots.

Kimmy said...

What a wonderful post! THis makes me so happy for her and you! I love the image of her dancing! So sweet!

bematheson said...

My mom was telling me about that when she was here today. That is so crazy, who would have thought, i bet kenzie is thrilled she so cute.

Elizabeth said...

That is very strange, but I remember when I took my asl courses in college this was discussed how some people feel that way. It isn't fair for them to judge a situation that isn't theirs alone. I too think heavenly father blesses us with technology like this to bring joy into our lives. I wear glasses so I can see; without them I can't. I can think of a million examples of how we use technology to help us with things our bodies can't always do for ourselves.It is silly to say just because we have different physical trails that we can't use things to overcome these trials or lessen their burden. But that's just my opinion. I guess there will always be people out there with points of view that just don't make sense. Your a great Mom!!! Don't pay any attention to them.

Kristal said...

that's soo cute! Seriously modern tech is the best!

Mrs T said...

You should catch her rockin out on video. Someone actually thought you shouldn't allow her to hear? How strange.