Monday, October 6, 2008

Mom came for a visit


OK so mom came down this last week for several days, we had such a good time. She was a sport and went with me to the school a couple times to work on PTO stuff. We mainly just hung out and enjoyed our time while the kids were in school and we could just sit and talk and walk around Sams Club. We actually went to get a couple things from Sams Club and ended up sitting on the display couch there talking for a couple hours, it was so fun, thankfully there were no perishables in our cart, it was so nice having her here to visit with.She really is my best friend. She is trying so hard to stay busy and is doing so much service to try and help relieve some of her pain and loneliness of being without Dad, but she is really having a hard time. I can't believe he hasn't even been gone 6 months, it feels like a lifetime ago to me. OK well we had a great time having mom here. Kenzie thoroughly enjoyed combing and putting barrettes of all shapes and sizes in my moms hair. Skyler enjoyed playing Snake in the Grass with her and helping her take Kenai for walks. I enjoyed our conversations, reminiscing about Dad, going to El Charro, adding up order forms (PTO),watching conference, eating popcorn together, and just having my mommy around! Love ya mom! Thanks for coming down, we can't wait till you come back in December!!

8 comments:

brenda said...

How fun! Hello to your sweet Mother! I'm so sorry for your loss.

My Dad has had a very hard time being without my Mom. He so badly wants to be with her. It's hard to see them so lonely.

When I was visiting my Dad one summer, we were watching FOX news on a health report. They were talking about how Cola drinks are not good for you and they can cut your life span. My Dad said to me, "Hurry Brenda-- run to the fridge and get me another Dr. Pepper"! (It was pretty funny!)

I do think that women do better.

Kimmy said...

I love the image of Kenzie doing your moms hair. Too cute. How sweet those visits are.

Mrs T said...

I love it when you end up doing things like sitting on a couch at Sam's for a few hours.

AudyCamp said...

Ok I was laughing so hard when I saw the hair cut picture. That is SO how spencer would react to that! & what a treat to have your mom come visit and to just gab on the couch for hours:) So glad you had that time together.

Miken Harding said...

She loooks great. I hope she is doing good. Glad you got to see her. Good job on the BL's comp too!

The McEwen Family said...

How nice you got to visit with your mom I miss my mom so much! I am so excited her and my dad are coming to visit us in a couple weeks!!

KentSharon said...

Hey there: Glad that I was able to help with PTO stuff and I too enjoyed sitting on the couch at Sam's Club. We will have to do it again when I come down in December. The picture of the kids and I looks pretty good. I had to laugh again at Skyler's haircut. Glad that never happened when I was cutting your brother's hair. I will never forget MaKenzie thinking that she was become undeaf. I hope her dream come true some day. Love you, Mom

Elizabeth said...

I just got finished reading her blog about her visit to see you. I am glad you had such a great visit. It is always so hard to say goodbye when parents come to visit. I am super sad for days afterwards. By the way. The hair cut seems ok in the picture with your mom so whatever you did to fix it turned out just great.