Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Mom, Aunt, and Uncle came for a Visit






This was a great weekend. Friday night we went and watched the play Beauty and the Beast, it was awesome. They actually had the Broadway costumes and everything. It was a lot of fun. Then Saturday morning the kiddos had primary program practice and a pizza party. Then that afternoon my mom, her sister Eva, and Eva's hubby Jim came for a visit. We had a great time! We went to a delicious restaurant here in Yuma called El Charro. Then we came back got the kids ready for bed and then we sat and listened to my Uncle Jim play his guitar and sing old cowboy songs, he has some major talent. The kids loved playing his guitar and getting pointers from Jim. I am so lucky to have such great family. My uncle Jim and Aunt Eva are two of the nicest people you could meet. They came out from West Virginia and are staying in Queen Creek with my mom for a couple weeks. Eva is such an amazing lady, she has overcome much. She had a stroke last year and was paralyzed on one side of her body, through a lot of physical therapy and I am sure a lot of prayer, she is walking and doing really well. They are both so wonderful and I am so glad that my kids got to see them and spend time with them. Kenzie and Skyler had their primary program today and both did so well, they both memorized their parts and sang their little hearts out. After church we came back to our house and made dinner and visited some more, then Kenzie had to be a "hair stylist" and comb and adorn Eva's hair with barrettes. She even combed Jims, but hid the barrettes when she started combing his hair. I hope my kids always remember this visit, I know I will. Thanks guys for coming all the way down here to see us. It meant a lot.

4 comments:

KentSharon said...

Hey Ali: The pictures are great. Glad that we could come and visit this weekend. I was sure proud of the kids and the way that they knew their parts for the Primary Presentation. I know that they knew their parts because of the awesome mom that they have. You guys are great. Keep up the good work. Love you guys!!! Mom

Harding Family said...

I wish my family would come see us. It's no fun being so far away from family. Thank goodness we have great friends. Glad you are doing good. You look great!

BJ said...

i love when family visits...it's the best!

Kimmy said...

What a fun visit. I seriously love how Kenzie does everyones hair. She is too cute!