Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Hillarious Workings of MaKenzie's Mind

So this whole weekend I was away in Tucson learning about how insane the next two and a half years are going to be in the University of Arizona Master's program. My sweet husband was at home taking care of my two kiddos who happened to get sick on Friday after I left. A special thank you to my mother-in-law, Priscilla, who picked the kids up from school on Thursday and Friday and even cancelled her visiting teaching appointments to do so, now that is LOVE! Anyways, Jeremy told me a few funny things Kenzie said while I was away. They went to a wedding at the church on Saturday, Grampa Wayne performed the ceremony for this couple. Jeremy told Kenzie that Grampa was marrying Kim and Kenny, Kenzie got really upset and said, "but then that means grampa won't be married to Grandma anymore." He explained it and then Kenzie thought it was funny that she thought that. Then the bride gave Kenzie a little bouquet and later that night at home Skyler found her bouquet stuffed into her desk, he pulled it out and Kenzie freaked out and said, "DON"T TAKE THAT OUT, I DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO SEE IT, I DON"T WANT PEOPLE TO THINK I MIGHT BE MARRIED!" She is such a little character.

OK you may notice that my posting will not be as often as it used to, I will do my best to keep posting, but since I will be living on this computer half the day doing my schooling and also working, I don't want to be on here for fun as much. I will miss you all, but promise to check out your blogs and add to mine at least a couple times a month!
A special note to Sabra, you are my hero, I can't believe you are able to do grad school with your little munchkins at home during the day!

12 comments:

Harding Family said...

Good luck with the school! your gonna rock! Your kiddos are so funny! Just like their momma. Have a great week!

AudyCamp said...

Good Luck! If anyone can do this -it is YOU! It will be a lot of work I'm sure, but you can do it and we will all be so proud of you! You are my hero! (I just commented on my own last post about you.) You tackle trials and conquer with a great attitude.
Kenzie is a crack up. We gotta get our girls together just so we can be spectators and laugh!:) Love ya!

BJ said...

good luck with school ali. very ambitious you are!

Sabra said...

You are too funny, and so is Kenz. I work on school between the hours of 10:00pm and somewhere around 1:00am generally. It's very difficult for me to do anything with these nutballs running around. I am no hero.

The Harris Family said...

Hahaha! She is hilarious! What a cutie!

Deck The Halls-A Happy Valentines! said...

Welcome Home! It all sounds exciting!
Good Luck with School! I know you will do well! Kenzie is so funny!

KentSharon said...

Hey Ali: I loved the things that MaKenzie said. Thanks for letting me share your weekend in Tucson. I loved the time together. Hopefully, we can do it again sometime. Love you!! Mom

Jonelle said...

You were such an amazing teacher to Carly, and I think it is wonderful that you will continue to bless the lives of others as you advance in your education and career.

Tara said...

I love the funnies! Good luck to you in grad school! I'm sure it will be difficult and challenging but you'll look back and be so proud of what you accomplished. You go girl!

Tina said...

Kenzie is just adorable. I love how little girls think.

I am sure you are in for some challenging days, but you are doing something valuable that you will really love! I think you will do well.

mrs t said...

I love the ways kids' minds work:). Good luck with school!

Tia said...

Love it, very funny
Hey send me your mailing address
here's my email palmer_tk@yahoo.com