Monday, February 23, 2009

FHE Fishing for...

So tonight after Jeremy got home from work, we had a picnic at the park and went fishing at the little pond there. Well, we didn't catch any fish but here are a couple pictures of what Jeremy did catch with his pole. The kids loved the turtles, and one turtle, after an hour of being lugged around by Skyler, decided he LOVED Skyler too, so much that he took a small piece of his belly with him back to the pond. Skyler was screaming so loud because the turtle had his little jaw locked on his belly. Once we got the turtle off the belly Skyler was ready to let him go. Skyler's belly pict doesn't do his wound justice, it is sad, we keep telling Skyler to "embrace the bite," I mean seriously, how many people can say they have had a turtle bite their belly???? It was a great night!




10 comments:

Harding Family said...

OUCH!!! How not fun...but cool story to tell your friends!

Deck The HALLS of HOME with JOY! said...

OUCH! I think I would be screaming too! WOW! What brave children you have!

Kimmy said...

OUCH! Looks like fun-except the bite of course.
At least Skyler will have a super cool story to tell his friends.

Tiffin said...

What a fun family night. And you are right, I have never met anyone with a turtle bite!!

Jeff and Ang said...

wow poor Skyler! That looks painful! I'm sure other than that it was a fun family outing. My family also loves fishing, even though we have yet to catch anything this year!

Bottoms Family said...

So funny! What a handsome young man he is! I love the Giving Tree review. Can't wait to see you guys!

Lisa and Troy Love said...

Allison, your family seems to find lots of adventure! I loved the book review. What an insightful son you have. What pond were you fishing in?
By the way...I MISS YOU IN CLASS TOO!! I know life gets busy - I think you are working on a degree right now? Am I correct? I always say, If I weren't the teacher, I wouldn't be able to go to institute. Your family always comes first!

Tina said...

I didn't even know turtles could bite! Shows you what I know.

Such cute pictures....:) You have a fun family!

The Harris Family said...

ouch! Poor Skyler! Well, at least it is an interesting story to tell his friends at school. Anyway, I've been wondering how you all are doing? I wanted to call, but I have a severe case of bronchitis or something. I may go in to urgent care this evening. Blah!!!!!! Fun stuff...:p

mrs t said...

OUCH! And gross!