Saturday, February 21, 2009

Skyler's Review of The Giving Tree~

This paper makes me so happy to read. I just got it back from school. He wrote it in November, but his teacher wanted to keep it for a while. She said it brought her to tears, just how grown up it sounded. He wrote this all on his own! As you can see, Skyler was blessed with mine and Jeremy's "lovely" handwriting skills, poor kiddo! I typed the content below since it is hard to read on the computer.


"The Giving Tree a ficticious story by Shel Silverstein is a fabulous book about a lifelong relationship between a needy, greedy, selfish boy and an unselfish tree. This story takes place outside in a forest. The events unfold from the boys life beginning at boyhood moving all the way to his senior years.

This story has a wonderful moral with a great lesson to be learned. I honestly cherished this story because it makes you think about the different stages of life, and what the years may bring to a person. When I read this story it reminded me of the pilgrims, They had to pay heavy taxes to the King. I recomend this book to anyone who likes to read about friendship.
P.S. It also reminded me of my mom" By Skyler Devey

11 comments:

Amanda said...

He does sound very grown up. LOVE the PS.

AudyCamp said...

Ok that's it...our boys will be penpals from this moment on. PRECIOUS!! How sweet that he treasures his mom so much.

Sabra said...

That is so awesome! The best part is the P.S., of course! Wow!

Stephanie said...

Wow! He sounds so grown up! What an amazing boy! And so lucky for him to have such great parents!

Kimmy said...

Thats quite the impressive review! What a great kid he is!

Harding Family said...

Man...every time I check your blog-it seems like your kids just grow leaps and bounds! So grown up he is...awesome job! You are such a great mom!

Mauzy Fam said...

Are your sure he didn't have SOME help from an adult?? That is just too good to be true. Just kidding. What a great kid and a FABULOUS writer.

The McEwen Family said...

Alison you have such a sweet little boy you have done such a good job raising your kids! I wish I could be more like you! You and your family are such a great example of what I want to be and want my kids to be! I love you!

Channon said...

that is so special

Deck The HALLS of HOME with JOY! said...

That is GREAT! Good job Skyler!
Cheers to the P.S.! That would make my day!

kristal said...

awww, that' ssoo sweet. and so grown up. I wrote like that in HS. We read that story for FHE sometimes and I can't read it. It makes me cryand I DO NOT cry. Very sweet.