Sunday, March 8, 2009

So Long Palmcroft, You Served Us Well...



I feel horrible about changing the kids school so late in the year, but I think it will be a positive change. I wanted post pictures of them with their teacher. I think this is the only picture I have of Skyler with one of his teachers, but she is one that will go down in the books. I think I posted about moving Skyler out of is freaky, chemically imbalanced, teacher Mr. Minnick's class at the beginning of the year. Mr. Minnick had really hampered Skyler's learning and had placed some pretty harsh labels on him. So when Miss Townsend welcomed him into her 3rd grade classroom, he rekindled his love for learning and school. She helped him become a much better writer and instilled in him a love of poetry. He can recite many of Robert Frost, and Emily Dickenson's poems, he also has emerged into a little poet himself. He wrote the cutest poem for his teacher, I will have to post it on here one of these days. He is excited to go to the school I am teaching at, but his only concern is that he will never have another teacher like Miss Townsend. Some of the things he LOVES about her is she would give him sea shells to keep, she always gave him hugs when she saw him, and was constantly telling him what a smart little guy he was. We will miss her. We will also miss MaKenzie's teacher Miss Gauna, she has been teaching Kinder for years and really loves her students, she has the patience of an angel and wore her FM System for Kenzie everyday without fail. Kenzie is so excited to start out at her new school tomorrow too. She was saying her prayers tonight and asked Heavenly Father to help her not get nervous or scared tomorrow and that the kids would like her and want to be friends. So hopefully things will go smoothly tomorrow, I am a nervous wreck. Anytime I think about them starting at a big new school, I get teary. I just thought it would be easier to do it now and recognize a few faces next year when they attend there rather than worry the whole summer whether or not they will have nice teachers, make friends, find their way around, etc. Good luck to us all!

9 comments:

McEnaneyFamily said...

Good luck to the kiddos! They are so cute how could they not make new friends? :)

Channon said...

I know Miss Guana. Do you remember Christa Shepherd in high school? Miss Guana is her aunt. I used to pick up a little boy from school when I lived in yuma, Miss Guana was his teacher. she is so nice.

Kimmy said...

What great teachers. I hope they have a great first day today, and have just as wonderful teachers in their new school.

Harding Family said...

Good luck to all of you. They are so grown up, they will be graduating before we know it!

AudyCamp said...

So how did the kids do their first day? Starting at a new school is always hard but that was probably a smart decision to have them do it now rather than later. Hopefully school for you & the kids is going great and that you are able to stay afloat! love ya!

The McEwen Family said...

I hope the kids will love there new school! And they are so cute, by the way!! =)

Tina said...

I hope things have gone well! How is everything?

BJ said...

how are the kids liking the change to a different school? Is life keeping you way busy still? You are brave to tackle on so much, good luck to you!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, what a busy family. Hope school is well for you. So did you move? Why did you switch schools? I probably should know or did know but I can't remember.