Monday, July 13, 2009

Better Late Than Never...






We had a fun birthday party for Skyler this month, he is now 9-years-old. I know I always say this, but where has the time gone. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. Now he likes to tell me things like, in three years I will get to pass the sacrament, or can you believe I will be on my mission in ten more years? Yikes, I don't want him to grow up so fast. One thing I can take comfort in is he still likes me to climb in his bed and chat with him each night, he still loves tickle monster, and he is not to the girl crazy stage yet. Lots of little girls like him, but he thinks that is so weird(I pray this lasts for many more years). Well he had a wonderful b-day, his guests were his cousin Kiley, Kyle and Benjamin T., Ian, Ethan, and his sister of course. They swam and then ate munchies and cheese burgers. For dessert, Skyler did not want cake, he is not a fan of cake, so we had ice cream sandwiches. I wanted to buy a cake so we could at least sing to him and he could blow out candles, but he came up with the idea of putting candles in his cheeseburger and having us sing to him that way instead, who was I to argue, he was the birthday boy. So when you see the picts of him blowing out the candles on the burger, don't be shocked. Anyways, I know the post is weeks late, but I wanted to be sure and have it included in our blog book. Skyler, you mean the world to me and I am so blessed that you chose me to be your mother. Don't grow up too fast, I love you!

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

I love the cheeseburger with candles! Happy Birthday Skyler!

Angela said...

Hey I know those kids! :) They had a blast, thanks again!