Monday, July 20, 2009

Laying it on Thick...


Before I forget the silly words that left my daughter's mouth tonight, I thought I would document them. I was putting her to bed and she was being exceptionally stubborn. She kept pinching my arm, and so I told her I wouldn't tell her a story about Crystal Waters, (her favorite saga that I have been making up for months). So I give her a hug and she is begging me to tell her her story. I said she needed to say her prayers because it was bed time. Here is a small portion of her prayer. "Heavenly Father, help me to be good and do what is right. Thank you for my wonderful dear mother who is so kind and dear. Please forgive me for pinching my gift, the gift which is my dear mother." I am serious, those were her exact words. I was trying so hard not to bust out laughing, I know those words were being expressed in hopes of earning her story back. So the big question, DID IT WORK? I am ashamed to admit it, but yes, I caved in and told her her story. What can I say, I am a sucker for her charm.

9 comments:

Tara said...

Love it! My mom would melt when we'd say "mother dearest fairest of all the land"... but this is even better!

AudyCamp said...

What a CRACK UP she is! Hilarious! :)...almost as much as me picturing you telling your "crystal waters" story.. I'm sure you are a great mom when it comes to telling bedtime stories. Thanks for giving us such a sweet insight to the devey family. Presh!

Kimmy said...

She is too dang cute. I would have caved too after such a prayer.

Hoover Family said...

That is so Kenzie! She is too smart for her own good!

The McEwen Family said...

so freaken cute!! I love how kids think of the greatest things to say!!

Stephanie said...

That is great!! Definitely worth caving over!

Brenda said...

So CUTE! That is one to remember! I would cave also!

Tina said...

Don't be ashamed to admit that it worked! Of course it did. She is just too sweet to resist. :)

Mauzy Fam said...

Hey Alison - I'm changing my blog to private. If you'd like an invite email me your address to mauzy@cox.net.
Tamra