Saturday, November 28, 2009

Time Out for Women...






A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to go to Time Out for Women up in St. George, Utah, it was such a wonderful weekend. My mom and dad-in-law picked me up on Thursday night and we started the drive to St. George. I ended up sleeping most of the way, it was much needed! I woke up when Wayne missed his turn off in Vegas, it was pretty comical! We got to Jeremy's sisters house a little after midnight and crashed. The next morning, we got Dru's kids off to school. Then Dru, John, Wayne, Priscilla, and myself went to the St. George temple and did sealings, it was amazing. I had never been in that temple before, it was so beautiful and as always the Spirit there is breathtaking. After the temple, we went to the church bookstore and a few other places before picking the kiddos back up from school. When we got back to Dru's I worked for a about 4 hours on a Language Analysis project for one of my classes. Then we got ready and went to Time Out for Women. The presenters on Friday included Hillary Weeks, um and some really great speakers, I really should have posted this sooner, my memory is just too overloaded with school work. I took some picts though and I am sure you will recognize the speakers. Oh and I was able to hurry in and get us front row seats!!!!!!! One super funny moment from Friday night was when Priscilla sat down in a seat that had been reserved for special needs but was empty and when she got up, the sign was stuck to her pants. Saturday as I jumped out of the car to hurry in to go get good seats, my shoe strap snapped and I probably looked like a crazy woman hobbling into the convention center, we got decent seats, but not like the front row on Friday night. Kenneth cope performed a lot on Saturday, it was wonderful. Jeremy flew up to Vegas on Friday night to meet his dad and brothers in Vegas, they had a work/car convention there and enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as they enjoyed the all-you-can-eat sea food buffet on Saturday night, they all ate their weight in sea food. Saturday the guys all drove back to St. George and we spent the evening just visiting and catching up on life. It was great, I have such a wonderful family, I am truly blessed, I know some many people that can't stand there in-laws, and I love every single one of mine and there are a lot of them. Sunday we drove back home, it was nice getting to ride next to Jeremy in the car for hours without the kids fighting in the back. I have to say I missed the kids terribly though, but they had a fun time in Yuma with Grandma Sharon. It was such a great weekend and it helped me re-fill my cup, I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of a Father in Heaven who loves us more than we can even begin to imagine. An older brother who came to earth and gave his life for us so we could return to that loving Father in Heaven. I know that not all people have this knowledge and I can't even begin to imagine how they are able to handle the curves balls life throws at them without this innate knowledge that they are not alone in their trials. I am so blessed that God entrusted my two little children to me. I pray that they will always know how much I love them, but more importantly how much God and Jesus Christ love them, with that sure knowledge, they will hopefully make the right choices in their lives.

No comments: