Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Sweet Funny Boy...


I had to take a minute away from writing my IEP's and assessment plans to focus on something that brightened my life. Skyler came into my room tonight and said, "Mom I am working on persuasive writing at school. Do you want me to write you something?" I told him sure and continued working. He brings me a letter he quickly wrote out, this is what it said.

Dear Mom,
How about letting me watch T.V. longer, huh? I promise it will be a good choice, you see watching T.V. takes a lot of stress away and I have lots of it. Please, I promise it will be the best decision you could ever make. Please![then he had a frowny face picture labeled "puppy dog eyes"].
Sincerly, Skyler

It almost made me cry because I am just so stressed out right now with school, work, and most importantly my poor hubby and his condition.I know my kids are feeling it too and it breaks my heart, they have seen their dad go through more than any kid should see. Anyways, when Skyler saw that I actually laughed, he hurried to make another one. Things have been pretty sullen around our house for the past 5 weeks and he told me that he just loved to see me smile. Awwwww~

This was his second persuasive writing. I wish my scanner worked because he drew pictures of different people saying positive things about the product.

Hey you, m-m-m-ma-ma-mommy! Do you by chance have a tincey bit of stress? Well than try our new hair product "Non-Stress Hair!" it totally removes all current stress! It has 100% satisfaxcion. It also smoothes your hair so much that you will never have tangles. It is awsome! Only $1.00!!!!!Comes in...Straberry, coconut, cherry, chocolate, rassberry, vanilla, blueberry, and more!

What a nice little break. I need to get back to my homework, but I had to blog that because I never want to forget that, he is such a good boy, we butt heads a bit sometimes, but I just love my little boy so much. I

8 comments:

Tara said...

How precious! He's very perceptive and so thorough - especially with the flavors of the hair product. Impressed! Hoping that Jeremy's seizures subside (and disappear). I can't imagine how difficult things must be for you and family right now. Good luck in school!

AudyCamp said...

What a funny kid!...and sweet too to try and cheer up his Mommy. I know my kids have been my strength at times. Prayers your way...am fasting this Sunday for you guys.

Kimmy said...

What a sweet boy! I'm so sorry you guys are having to deal with all this stuff right now and still dont have any answers. Thats so scary and frustrating! I wish there was something we could do for you guys. Hang in there. You guys are in our prayers!

BJ said...

ali, i am so sad to hear of jeremy's conditions and your back injury over the holidays. YES it has been forever since i've read blogs, sorry. We will pray for jeremy, put his name in the temple too. I hope they can figure something out to help him...i assume he hasn't been able to work through all of this? How are you doing? I know i am so far away, bu tif there is every anything i can do to help, let me know!!! The year i had jeric we just had one thing after another, it was miserable, but now i look back and we did survive it all. I will pray for you and hope you can find some peace and enjoy every moment with that little family of yours ok??? Love you, miss you, wish you luck and will stay tuned to your blog more often. If something major goes on, will you email me a note? My thoughts are with you my dear friend. ;)

Tina said...

He is a sweet boy. I'm sure he really loved getting a smile and a laugh out of you.

I hope things let up for you a bit over there ....

Kimmy said...

oh Allison! I read this post last week, and thought i had commented, but I guess i didnt. Im sorry you guys are having to deal with this, and that you dont have any answers. I really wish there was something we could do for you guys.
hang in there.

The Harris Family said...

What a sweet boy!

kristal said...

This is one of my top 5 favorite posts I've ever read! I LOVE IT! I love Skyler. He's going to be such a little heart breaker here in a few years. ugh! Can you believe their teen years are comign so quickly? I'm NOT ready. I'm glad to hear that even perfect Ali sometimes butts heads with her perfect Skyler. Jaden and Jase butt heads um, about 10x a day! no lie. I'm learning it's the age though, they like to push the limits and try to argue their way out of rules. I guess that's how it'll be for the next 10 years though...ugh!
NE way, LOVE these letters! So Sweet!