Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mayo- Day Two


One of Jeremy's electrodes were not fastened tight enough, so off came the head sock and on went more glue.


Mom visiting in our room after Jeremy's testing was finally over

So today was a very busy day for Jeremy, after he woke up and ate breakfast, he had testing for the next 6 hours or so. They were tests that I had to be out of the room for, so my mom drove over and we ate lunch in the cafeteria together and then just sat outside in the warm sun and talked. Have I mentioned how beautiful this hospital is? Well, it is beautiful. Jeremy was done with his testing around three. He thinks he did bad on it. There were many questions where he had to repeat numbers, phrases, etc. His memory has suffered from these seizures, but I personally feel like it has gotten a bit better the past couple weeks. So some of the blood tests from our last visit showed some markers for autoimmune diseases, so they are also looking into those, there is a rare one they are really looking at that is related to his thyroid. It can cause uncontrollable seizures suddenly as well, so it will be interesting to see what the next batch of blood work reveals. I was able to transfer the data from my video camera to my computer and then burn a disk of seizures I had been able to record Jeremy having since we were here a couple weeks ago. They have cut his medication down from 700 mg. of Dilantin to 200 mg of Dilantin, we are just waiting for him to have his seizures so they can start analyzing the data from his brain. It is so odd not praying for him to be seizure free at the moment. We have been doing that for the past 3 years, now that we are here we need him to continue having them so they can help determine a plan of action. So tonight I pulled my chair/bed next to him and we watched a movie, it is weird being here without the kids, we are missing them terribly, but they are having so much fun at Brigette and Grandma's house. I was joking with Jeremy that maybe we need the kids here to get his seizures going, it gets quite stressful when they fight back and forth with each other. They are having fun though, Skyler went to the fair with Grandma and Kenzie is here in Phoenix and went to the park with Aunt Brigette and her cousins Jack and Chloee. We are so blessed to have such an amazing family. We love you guys, thanks for the prayers.

4 comments:

Nat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nat said...

Ali-
We are SO sorry you are having to go through this trial. We are thankful you are getting some help and hope they figure it out. SOON!
You are in our prayers.
Nat

Tara said...

I hope the tests help determine ways to help Jeremy. It sounds like you have all been through the ringer the past several months - your positive attitude is so inspiring! We'll pray for strength as you all continue through this - and healing.

Ali, thanks for your comment on my blog yesterday. You're very sweet - I definitely feel and look like an old lady... I have plenty of wrinkles and gray hair. I guess the camera has fooled you.

mrs t said...

I am speechless. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.