Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

So I didn't post about yesterday, I got busy working on an IEP for one of my students and a couple homework assignments. Yesterday was rough for Jeremy. He is having some stomach issues, the doctors say it could be from taking away his medication or from the special meds that they used to stop his seizures the other night. his oxygen has been horrible. The alarm goes off constantly because he is not getting enough oxygen in his blood. So he has the oxygen tube under his nose now most of the time. Tim Jeanie, Joe, and my mom all came and visited yesterday. The kids are both in Yuma now at grandmas and I am sure they are driving her crazy. Yesterday Kenzie got hit in the head with a stick and Priscilla said it was a little traumatic, she kept saying that she wished it was all just a nightmare. I guess it bled a lot as head wounds usually do, but she was OK. It is so hard having our family separated. I know the kids are in good hands, but it is hard on them too. They were happy to wake up to the goodies the "Easter Bunny" left for them. So I want to say a huge THANK YOU to the Bunny for taking care of our kids when we could not. The Dr. came in yesterday and said our stay here is going to need to be extended several days because those huge seizures he had the other night produced no EEGs. We were shocked, but the doctor said that does happen in patients whose problems are located deep in the frontal lobe of the brain. Now we are doing yet more testing, waiting for his seizure meds to be completely out of his system. It is funny, it seems like he is doing a little better with his meds being reduced so much. I told our old doctor in San Diego all the time that he was getting worse and worse on the med. he changed him too. Our doctor here is not sure his seizures are epilepsy at all, but he is doing his best to figure it out. We are definitely in good hands here. I don't even want to think what this hospital stay will cost. There is someone watching his every move Jeremy makes. He is on video every second of every day. I will tell you some common phrases we hear on the intercom through out our day.
"Jeremy don't touch your head please."
"Jeremy don't bite your finger nails."
"Jeremy you need to lower your book so we can see your whole face."
"Jeremy lift your head when you change positions so you don't rub the electrodes."
"Are you doing OK Jeremy?"
"Jeremy you can't lay face down, we need to see your face."
"Alison, remember you may not sit on the bed."
"Can you please open the bathroom door a little more."
They are super nice about it all, but they don't miss a thing!
Anyways, I am trying to decide what I will do now. I have two conflicting voices in my head right now. Kenzie is having issues with her hearing equipment right now, so I need to go back to Yuma and get her taken care of. My mom says she will come stay with Jeremy. I also need to be working again. My spring break is officially over. I know I will not function very well in Yuma with him being here so far away. Skyler is getting a ride up to Phoenix tonight because he has an appointment at Phoenix Children's Hospital tomorrow, I might take him back to Yuma afterwards, get things set up for my students,try to get a loaner hearing aid for Makenzie, and then work Tuesday and come back up after work. We shall see. Now back to Easter, I am sad I don't have pictures to post of my kiddos excitedly ransacking their Easter baskets, I am sure grandma took a lot of pictures for me. I am glad my kids understand that the eggs, candy, it is all just the icing on the cake. The real reason for this special day is our older brother Jesus Christ, that he came down to earth, he showed us the example of how we should live our lives. He loved each and everyone of us so much that he gave his life for us so we could also have the opportunity of rising again after this life and being able to return to live with him and our Father in Heaven. I am so grateful to know that this life doesn't end with death, that because our Savior died for us we have the opportunity, if we live our lives as we should, to be with our families forever in Heaven forever. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter, and take time to reflect on what it is really all about.

3 comments:

Miken Harding said...

Ali, You are amazing. Good luck with everything. Give Jeremy our best,we are praying hard for you. The Lord is so aware of everthing you are going through. I love you!

AudyCamp said...

That would be hard trying to figure out what to do next & where you should be. Go with your heart & your gut...where you would feel the most peace. I know we always feel like we need to be with our kids but they get by without us pretty amazingly sometimes...(I'm about to leave my kids here soon for 11 days...baby jax too:(...harder for me then them.

With Jeremy's longer stay at least you will be getting all the answers you need. Sounds like your Dr. is thorough & that's a great thing. The money part comes later-don't even let your mind go there right now...

That intercom thing would be trippy...it's all for the good though 'eh? Glad you can be there with your hubby.

oh & what is skyler's apt for at the phx chil. hospital? ...i missed that part.

Thinking of You!! Happy Easter! :)

Stephanie said...

Wow! I didn't realize how rough things are for you. You poor thing! I am grateful that you have supportive family and good doctors to help you. If you need anything at all while you are in the Phoenix area, let me know. I'll gladly help in anyway I can. Good luck! I'll keep your family in my prayers.