Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Special Easter Visitor


Yesterday Jeremy was not feeling too hot, he has been having some withdrawals from all his seizure meds. Hopefully in another day or so his blood levels will show that the Dilantin is out of his system completely. We are still trying to figure out what is going on, there are several different possibilities, hopefully we can get all the data we need so we can go home. So at about 4:00pm Skyler rode up to Phoenix with a couple of super nice kids driving back up for college. Uncle Tim picked him up and brought him over to to us at the hospital at about 9pm. It was so great seeing him, we couldn't quit hugging him, it really made our night to be able to see at least one of our kiddos on Easter. Kenzie is still in Yuma at Grandma Devey's house; she is keeping Grandma on her toes. She was excited last night because Grandma painted her nails with shiny purple polish. After Skyler asked his dad lots of questions and got the video monitor guy to say hi to him when he waved to the camera, we left the hospital and headed to Buckeye where he was going to stay the night with Aunt Jeanie.While at Jeanie's, I took a bath which was so nice. The shower here has no water pressure and the door doesn't lock, so it is always a super fast nerve wracking experience. Oh, Jeremy had a sponge bath yesterday, that was quite the experience. I gave it to him, but we were both laughing as we were struggling to keep him nicely covered up with his blanket, so uncomfortable with that camera peering down. Needless to say we managed to get him cleaned up without even once giving the camera a show. I am sure the person watching the screen thought we were crazy, I don't even want to know the many things those techs have seen in their profession. Anyways after much maneuvering he was clean and felt much better and remained modest during the whole ordeal. Oh and I have to give nurses a lot of credit they do those things all the time. Anyways, I know I say this on a daily basis, but holy cow we have amazing family! We could never have gotten through without all the support from you guys these past few months. We love you all so much. I am getting ready to meet Skyler at Phoenix Children's hospital to hopefully get the growth under his eye removed, then I am taking him back to Yuma. I will be back here on Tuesday, my mom is going to come and stay with him part of the time while I am gone. Hope we can get all the answers we need before heading back home. The doctor thinks it will still be a few more days because he wants his blood to be free of his medicine. Obviously the meds were not helping, he has had less seizures here than at any time in the past 3 months.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Gotta love those super nice kids, who accept super nice passengers!

I can see I have some catching up to do here. I hope things go as well for you over there as possible!

The McEnaney's said...

What a great Easter present!

Brenda said...

What a fun surprise! LOVE the smiles!
You are in my thoughts and prayers.