Saturday, December 4, 2010

Welcome Baby Lillie!

Skyler holding baby Lillie on Thanksgiving Day!
MaKenzie and her new cousin Lillie

He wanted to hold her so much, it was instant love.


Lillie on her birthday, 5lbs 2 oz, welcome to the world!


So my wonderful sister-in-law welcomed her beautiful baby girl into the world the week before Thanksgiving. She named her Lillie Elizabeth Ogden. She was 5 pounds 2 ounces. I was so blessed to be able to go to the hospital the night Angie had her. She had a C-section and was in an awful lot of pain, her husband had some errands to run, so I sat and held my new niece for a few hours. It was bliss. Everyone knows how desperately bad we have wanted another baby, pretty much for the past 6 years. We had been thinking about getting pregnant right before learning Makenzie was deaf. Once we had her diagnosis, we knew we had to put all of our energies, blood, sweat, and tears into getting her the services she needed to be able to learn how to speak and understand when being spoken too. After moving to Phoenix and getting her her cochlear implant and the intense services and schooling, she achieved her goal, so we moved back to Yuma excited and ready to expand our family. When we prayed about it though, the Spirit kept telling us the time was not right. I didn't want to listen to that voice, but I knew I had to. Soon after we put our dreams on hold again, we felt I should go back to school to pursue my Master's Degree in Deaf Education. So, I began the Master's program through the University of Arizona full-time, I began working full-time, and my life has been a whirl wind ever since. Heavenly father was preparing me to help take care of our little family during this tough time with Jeremy's health concerns. Had we had a baby, I don't know how we would have made it through this time. I keep praying that Jeremy will one day get better. That I will be able to have more kiddos. It breaks my heart to hear my children beg me to have another baby. I would give anything in the world to change this situation and to be able to have another one, but I have to think about the family I have and count my blessings everyday. I know so many people spend years trying to have children without success. I frequently remind myself of this. I really am more blessed than I can say, I have two beautiful children who keep me on my toes, who bring me my greatest joy in life and who sometimes drive me nuts. I live each day with a hope that our situation will improve and that more babies are in our future. I feel like there are still spirits up there waiting to come down, but I know it is not yet time. Wow, I don't think I have ever opened up about my constant ache to have another baby. I just want my children to read back in this blog book one day and know that I wanted more than anything to give them another brother or sister. If I ever have another child, I want them to read back on this and know how much they were loved and yearned for for years before they joined our family. OK, well I need to end this sob story, this was supposed to be a happy post to welcome our new cousin, so once again, WELCOME BABY LILLIE, WE LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Tia said...

Thanks for sharing I absolutely love reading your blog - really it's a highlight for me. Thanks for the update on jeremy were pulling for you and Jeremy and you guys are always in our prayers! I hope soon this burden will be lifted off your shoulders.

Sabra said...

Doesn't it feel great to have your blog all up to date? Good for you!