Friday, May 13, 2011

Drum Roll Please........

My visiting teachers had my house key and were taking care of my dog and left this for me, so sweet, thanks Mona Hawes and Stephanie Bybee!
Dr. Antia, me, Dr. Kreimeyer, and Kenzie jumped in this picture as well!
My favorite pict of all time, I LOVE MY FAMILY!
Me and my angel mother!
We did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love my Jeremy more than words can express! He is such a trooper!
I was surprised by how proud my kids were, I didn't think they would care...tear...
My fan club waiting! Jeremy was behind the camera~
Dr. Shirin Antia, me, and another of my professors, Dr. Kathryn Kreimeyer~
So this has been a momentous day in the Devey household! I can officially say I am finished with college, for the time being! I am actually contemplating going back to get my PhD, but I am trying to push that thought aside for at least a semester or two!
So the fun began yesterday afternoon as I took the kids out of school early and we drove up to my mom's house in Queen Creek. Once we got there, mom had turkey burgers ready for dinner, so we ate and visited for a bit, then Jeremy and the kids went swimming while mom and I went shopping, (happy graduation to me). My mom is just an angel, which if you have ever met her you would agree 100%. She bought me a couple of new outfits to celebrate my graduation and to get me ready for an upcoming job interview that I have on the 23rd. It was so fun having some "mommy time." The kids had an absolute blast swimming and fell asleep right after we got back to moms. Then mom and I drove over to my sister's house to visit with her for a little bit, that was a lot of fun too, her kids were in bed and it allowed us time to just talk.
After we got back to mom's we tried to settle down and get to sleep, but it was well after midnight and 3:45 am came very early this morning. Thank goodness the kids got enough sleep because we adults sure didn't. Mom still woke up early enough to have hot cinnamon rolls ready for breakfast. When we arrived in Tucson at the University of Arizona, the excitement finally kicked in. I was actually graduating!!!!!! I also got to sport the very unflattering graduation gown! As most of you know the past few years have been extremely difficult for our little family with Jeremy and his health issues and me having to work full-time and be enrolled in a graduate program full-time as well. There have been countless prayers offered on our behalf from so many amazing people along the way. I have gone on very little sleep every night since the Spring of 2009, I have shed a few tears along the way, but I can finally say it was all worth it and I have grown leaps and bounds through all this craziness.
I have to thank my in-laws, my mom, husband, and kids for always supporting me 100%, for being so patient and understanding when I was unable to read "just one more story" at bedtime, or when I had to travel to Tucson for course work. I could never have done this without them. Jeremy has been so selfless and really stepped up to the plate and been the best husband and father EVER! My mom literally stayed with my kiddos during the week for a whole month when I had to stay at her house in Phoenix for an ASL course. She lived here during the week for more than two months while I had to be at work and Jeremy was at his worst with his seizures. I couldn't have held it all together without her. I am so blessed to have had them cheering me forward every step of the way.
I feel like today is going to be the beginning of new life for us, I know it sounds a little cliche, but I really do. Jeremy is doing quite a bit better, I am being flown to Utah next week for a really great job interview at Utah State University working in a deaf oral ed program. I will miss my students here in Yuma, they have come a long way, but I have to think about what is best for my family now. I can't wait to see where this next chapter of this journey takes us! Oh and one more silly thing to add that I want to look back on and remember about this day is that Skyler has called me "Master Mom" all day long, he cracks me up! So all I have left to say is YAY for graduating!

4 comments:

The McEnaney's said...

What an amazing accomplishment! You deserve all the pampering and fun!

AudyCamp said...

Oh Alison I am so proud of you!...and you can see how proud your family is of you in the photos..."Master Mom"-how cute.
I hope this DOES begin a very wonderful chapter of your lives! Love ya!

Beverley said...

Ali I cried through this whole blog post, I am so proud of you and excited for all your new adventures, I have to agree Jeremy is the best in everyway, hope you guys will come visit us now that you are closer. luv ya and again super job to the whole family.

Miken Harding said...

ALi...I'm soooooooooooooooooo proud of you! Congrats for finishing and with everything you have and your family have been through. You are a ROCK and Inspiration to me. Thank you. Good luck with the job-in UTAH...that's great! I know everything will work out. Love you and miss yo u!Miken