Sunday, October 23, 2011

Skyler's Last Primary Program

Today was bitter sweet as I watched Skyler say his part into the microphone and sing the primary songs. It seems like just yesterday he was old enough to enter the nursery, then he was a Sunbeam who would put his mouth right on the microphone and cause everyone to cringe and giggle as he spoke his part way to loudly. Then a few years later came his baptism, and now he is less than a year away from receiving the priesthood and entering the Young Men's program. Where has the time gone, when did my little man grow up. It makes me so scared as I look back on the past 11 1/2 years of his life, they have come and gone so fast, he will be turning 19 and going on a mission before I know it. I am not ready for my kids to grow up. I am so proud of him. He is such a great boy. All the younger boys in this neighborhood look up to Skyler so much. They love that he will catch bugs, frog, and snakes for them. I love sitting out front with Jeremy and watching him and his friends riding their scooters and bikes all over the place. I love it here in Logan, but as I have said before, even if I hated it, the move would still be worth it to see him so happy! I was also so proud of Kenzie up there saying her part in the microphone. This year the kids were given a topic and had to write down what they wanted to say, Skyler spoke about Joseph Smith and the restoration of the church. Kenzie wrote, "Jesus Christ was resurrected and we will be too. It makes me so interested and grateful to know that I will be resurrected one day just like Jesus." I loved hearing the children's sweet testimonies, I am a big baby and can't keep the tears from coming when I feel the Spirit. There is nothing that brings those tender feelings to my heart like hearing the sweet testimonies of little children. Kenzie was trying so hard to sing the primary songs, she was staring at me the whole time since I would over enunciate the words and she would be able to follow along with what was being sung. She really struggles to hear the words of the songs, her microphones on her CI and HA just make everything louder, so she hears everything sort of run together, but she tries her best to keep up and follow along. I love my kids so much, I am so blessed to have such sweet, silly, noble children in my home! Good job guys, mom and dad were so proud of you both!

2 comments:

AudyCamp said...

ahh..I know Spencer's too. He will always say to me.."How does it feel to know that you are more than half way done raising me?" Breaks my Heart.. Our kids need to play together even if it's just for one day-Our girls seem so much alike as do the boys..so funny. Glad you are loving life up there in Utah!!

Beverley said...

Thanks for sharing your fun family events with us. Yes they grow so fast it seems like mine where all young just a short while ago and now my baby is 18 and my oldest is 40. luv ya