Monday, April 1, 2013

Miracles Still Happen!

So I have neglected this blog once again. Life has been an emotional roller coaster, that is for sure, but it is all good right now. As you know from my last post, I had quite a bit of scary stuff on my plate with my health. Three different doctors had mentioned terminating this pregnancy to keep me alive. I knew that no matter what I could not do that to this little baby growing in here. I had an appointment at University hospital in Salt Lake City to do a heart catheter procedure to tell me the course of treatment for my Pulmonary Hypertension. The night before the procedure, I had a really special experience. Jeremy had our home teacher come over to give us both blessings, we were physically and emotionally drained. When I was given a blessing, I was told that everything was going to be OK and that I would be healed. I immediately felt a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. When it was Jeremy's turn for a blessing, he said he didn't even need one, he felt good about everything too. That night the bishop from our ward came over to chat with us. He stared at me for a long time and said, I have the feeling that you are going to be healed and everything will be OK. I felt it too. The next morning, Jeremy drove me to SLC, I was already feeling so much better, every little move I made didn't make me short of breath which was so exciting. When they sent us up to ICU, I was feeling like everything would be OK, but super freaked out inside about them ramming a tube/camera through the artery in the right side of my neck and feeding it through the artery, lungs, and then into my heart. They put a heavy plastic blanket/sheet thing over me that just had a small opening on the right side of my neck. They gave me some numbing shots first and then jammed the tube in my neck, Jeremy said it was like a sharp straw going in and the blood went shooting out the top when they did it (so gross). After they had the hollow tube in there, they slid the cord through it and had to push so hard to get it to wind it's way through the path to my heart, it was honestly the worst sensation/feeling ever. It wasn't too painful, but it was an awful feeling. My chest and heart felt so heavy and it caused my heart to do strange things, it definitely did not like having a foreign object in it. I could hear the doctors talking about the pressures in my lungs and they were completely shocked by the numbers they were seeing, they had three different doctors come in to see the numbers because they were perfect which didn't make any sense to them. They said they couldn't explain how their tests from before were not even close to matching up to these ones. I didn't need an explanation though, I knew I had been healed through the power of the priesthood blessing I received. I felt so happy and miserable at the same time. Jeremy was doing a happy dance in the room, I told him I would join him once they took the camera and wires out of my body, ugghhh, yucky. Once I sat for a while with pressure on my neck I was able to leave the hospital, yay! I about died when I saw all the blood in in the trash container next to my bed, I was quite nauseated and light headed, but who cares because my baby and I were going to  be alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was wonderful calling family and friends to share the news. I have never felt so blessed to have so many prayers offered on our behalf. So thank you to everyone out there who put my name in the temple and prayed so much for me! I will have to go back to University hospital for some tests on my heart closer to delivery, but other than that, we should be able to have a pretty normal pregnancy/delivery from here on out.

No comments: