Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kenzie's First City Pageant and Town Celebrations

Kenzie was so excited to be a part of the Nibley City pageant. This is an opportunity for the Nibley girls to come together, put on a fun show and build their self esteem. This is not the pageant where one girls gets a crown and walks away a winner. This is one where they do the typical pageant stuff (minus swim wear) every girl gets a small crown and an award. Kenzie looked so beautiful and did such a great job. For her talent she recited a poem she helped write about her hearing loss, it went like this:

                                                                     My Hearing Loss
The leaves rusting the in the trees
The birds singing sweetly in the breeze
The water rushing in the streams
These are the sounds I hear in my dreams

There was I time I never knew of these sounds
My world was silent, my hearing loss profound
Through surgeries and prayers my world turned around
My hearing aid and implant let me hear sound

Out of all the sounds I love to hear
My favorite is my mom and dad say I love you in my ear.

I love you Kenzie, I am so proud of you and the young lady you have become. You have such  inner and outer beauty, you will always be my little princess!
Mom

No comments: